• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wolves

full

By BLazeKraze

Story:

A night elf huntress once carved these words on the tree when she fell in love with human during the Third War.
"I've been running through the jungle, I've been running with the wolves.To get to you, to get to you."

Features:

Neutral Buildings:
1 Fountain of Health
2 Waygates
2 Taverns
2 Goblin Merchants
4 Goldmine Expansions

Neutral Creeps:
4 Green creep camps
8 Orange creep camps
1 Red creep camps

Screenshots:
CAfKMG7.png

full

full

full

Changelogs:

1.0 First Release
1.1:
*Added waygates
*Replaced two dragon whelps into jungle stalkers.
*Added two troll trapper into fountain of health
*Added two troll shadowpriest into ghost camps
*Fixed some minor shits.

Author Notes:

Special Thanks to Selena Gomez and the owner of the photos that I'd manipulated. :)

Soon I would like to make a 1v1 melee map pack and it will updated everyweek.

If you have questions, suggestions or criticisms, just leave your comments below!
Contents

Wolves (Map)

Reviews
WolfFarkas
the enviroment is really cool but the balance is quite, many things can be studied, 1) Is imposible to reach the enemy base in early times. I am not fanatic with that, but I think if you are going to block, block with a green creep only, you are...
deepstrasz
- Neat gold mines right on the path but with not that much wood. That wouldn't be bad if the other mine group had enough trees. But, I guess it being a 1v1 map can be tolerated. Both mine groups are kind of in the way. But because of the nearest one's...
mafe
If you intended to imitate the RoC-Campaign style from the ashenvale maps, you definitely succeeded. For gameplay -having to go through the waygates to reach your enemy, I dont think this will work too well in practice. Later on, you might be forced...
Level 29
the enviroment is really cool but the balance is quite, many things can be studied,

1) Is imposible to reach the enemy base in early times. I am not fanatic with that, but I think if you are going to block, block with a green creep only, you are blocking the 3 paths with a red creep and flying orange. The red creeps are going to agro. I know some melee guys who doesn´t like that.
2) creep selection, creeps only flyers for a goldmine is not that good idea, it means a really late expansion. Undeads and orcs have good ways skills to make them ground and raid them easy.

Undeads have the benefit to take them down with the nerubians, once the upgrade necropolis, web and go, while the humans need airborne,

And only ground creeps is not good either, after playing one of my maps I figure out that a red creeps only with melee units such berserkers can be eliminated with only one early flyer like the dwarf gyrocopter.
Sugestion: orange and red creeps, should have some anti air defense. (wolfs creeps and the red creep in the center).
3) Expanding goldmines doesn´t have much wood.
4) Cliffs there are many points where a cannon tower can be build and have advantage of distance and cliff, consider using the unbuildable tile to avoid such tower exploits.
5) Mercenay camps could be attended by modificating the orange creeps corners just a bit.
6) The enviroment is nice, but never never never, sacrifice balance for beauty, the water thing is limiting the game play a lot. For example you put a lot of cliff (orange marks). You are not going to enjoy the view because the cliff blocks the view and you are loosing a lot of space, there could go the green creeps or more wood to the map.
7) Orange creep without loot, I know people fanatic with the loot and an orange creep can´t have no loot. My sugestion, maybe with the banshee you can put other units. I figure out that the racial fit is not important, balance and level is more, for example when you design an orange creep consider melee units and distance units as support, only distance is weak and only melee is redundant. For example 2 melee units level 7 and one or two healers level 5 behind and that is suffering.
You have to take the healers first or you will loose units.
banshees are distant units and can be taken easy, for example using the tavern hero the dark Sylvanas type with silence skill. the banshee is more effective in company of melee units, so focus in use curse or attack from behind.

upload_2017-12-2_18-27-30.png

my sugestion is tavern in the middle and put the fountains (or the mercenary camps if you want to change) in the corners, you will improve the game play a lot with very little change

study my sugestions and decide if any of them result usefull

by the way nice story

raiting 3/5

see ya

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
the gate makes the things interesting, about the creeps if you are interested in some feedback

this is a sugestion and completely non important,

I tested you banshee creep, since it doesn´t have melee units, but the banshee level 3 steal your units, so is really cool indeed, and the healers, they just rush you,

sugestion: place the banshee level 6 behind the level 3 banshee near the healers, her role is not use possesion, just use curse and attack at distance, so the enemy miss the attacks and that allows the level 3 banshee to posses units and make the thing hard.
I tested it twice and lost twice, the only minor thing is, put the level 6 banshee near the trolls to make the thing harder.

the wolf camp
they are all melee, no ranged support, If you have a healer or ranged while the melee holds, they have more resistance capacity, also gaining anti air defense

your 5 wolf creeps against my creep 2 wolfs (1 level 2 and 1 level 6) and 3 trolls (2 trappers level 3 and 1 healer level 4), yours and mine are both level 18
(2+6+3+3+4=18)

Used bramar skill to boost the attack
With the mage troll I put one to sleep and heal, with the others I use net and stayed behind, the wolfs holded the line, zig-zag a little, I won, I only lost 1 level 2 wolf

upload_2017-12-4_15-48-39.png

upload_2017-12-4_15-49-33.png

sugestion: if you want to increase power capacity, the key is melee mixed with range, the diversity in skills can make powerfull combinations

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
- Neat gold mines right on the path but with not that much wood. That wouldn't be bad if the other mine group had enough trees. But, I guess it being a 1v1 map can be tolerated. Both mine groups are kind of in the way. But because of the nearest one's positions, one of two ways to the enemy can be blocked with towers.
- Do the troll groups near fire camps have the lowest camp range? They should methinks.
- Crystal Ball from the big Wildkin near the fountain, kind of meh/spoiler on 1v1.

So, who's the owner of the photos? Don't you want to credit him/her?

Approved.

========================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
If you intended to imitate the RoC-Campaign style from the ashenvale maps, you definitely succeeded.

For gameplay
-having to go through the waygates to reach your enemy, I dont think this will work too well in practice. Later on, you might be forced to micro every single reinforcing unit to walk to the way gate first when you are fighting on the wrong half of the map.
-These 3xlvl2 lizards could drop a tome of experience. BIg luck factor in the early game.
-Creeps should not drop items of different level based on rng (The trolls in the corner near the gates).
-I dont see what players are supposed to do early once they killed the two green camps? All the other spots look too strong, so there might be a lack of options which could lead to stale gameplay.