• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Witch of Night

My second resorce.

I tried this time to the maximum effort to learn as fast as possible on the full complexity of the programs I use. for a second time, I had very hard work. were more than 250 models with "witch" "witchB" "witchZ3-Hr".

possibly the model will not be the "top month" but not guilty in a matter of quality and usefulness.

UPGRADE:(4 weeks of pure work --' )

is very important to follow EXACTLY all art to put down for a perfect animation.
USE Screens to Edit on Object Manager:

Black Clothers:

To make a test on a map looks prepared test map on link below:

link!

Please give Credits if you use it. Don't distribute and don't modify it in any way without my permission. Thanks.

Comment IT!@.@

Keywords:
Witch, hero, anime, fantasy, mage, female, hanza-ru, magic, unit, campaing.
Contents

Witch of Night (Model)

Witch of Night (Model)

Assets
Reviews
17:02, 10th Jun 2009 Cavman: The animations are good, better than most scratch animations. The textures and mesh not so much. There are better ingmae textures you can use, and even the ones you got you can use more efficiently. The mesh needs...

M

17:02, 10th Jun 2009
Cavman:
The animations are good, better than most scratch animations. The textures and mesh not so much. There are better ingmae textures you can use, and even the ones you got you can use more efficiently. The mesh needs serious reworking. I suggest looking at some stock/vanillia warcraft 3 models and seeing how their meshes and wraping works to get an idea and fix this up.
Fixes done, tested ingame. Approvable. The legs coul be longer and/or the hips could be a bit wider, but as it stands it's good.

Level 6
sure, I will make some adjustments to better control vertex.

on the anatomy, tricky, I'm still very "noob" in this requirements, I asked Misha aid, but he was very busy.

I will make some repairs, create more decent animations,

I arrested for not much of texturing model, the use of textures
in the game, it very easy to use, by own experience.

as I said, I'm still discovering how to use the programs, I have ability to learn in an absurd speed (I started to make models to 2 weeks only, with tutorials that community), I'm already happy to have completed a model of such complexity seeking knowledge for myself.

And excuse my linguistic mistakes, I speak Portuguese and only a little English, but you understand it ^ ^

EDIT:
already created the project of upgrading on paper.

- Add a round skirt, / \, which move up and moves *-*
Skirt.jpg

- Review of the anatomy of the total body
(reduction of the chest, face review, revision of the bones [addition
new to quit])
- "Descent animations (over the Animation more problematic," spell
instant "and" attacks "[attacks until no]

- See if I can better texturing, the skin is very white and pale.

Last edited:
Awesome you started out of humanoid models, these are the hardest ones to make.

Geometry:
The mesh could be better in the legs and the shoulders are monster-like, as terradont pointed out.
Texture: You need a texture for that, rather than plain colors. Download GIMP 2 and try creating one, or use some existing one, like sun Archer, or Jaina...
Animation: The walk animation is epic, and the animations' concepts are great. Great ideas you do have, but you need to execute them better. The linear interpolation requires more keys to look good in many anims.
Attack certainly don't look as attack. It should be quick, not that slow. Death looks pretty bad. Use your creativity to do something epic on these...
Stand 3 concept is interesting, but it should execute smoothly and have more sense of gravity.
Effects: Particle effects need to be better than this. Increase the size greatly, make them fade out, fade in, also the last scale should be always the bigger (in most cases) so it looks like dissolving in the air.
I can handle the particles if you want me to, when you update your model.

Keep it up! You're good.

Level 10
Okay, the anims are okay, except some of them are just too slow.
The walk animation, in my opinion, is really nice. The death isn't. Her mesh gots pretty screwed in there...(for example, her legs got pretty screwed)
The mesh and the skin need work. Moar shading to the skin and moar definition to the mesh!

Aye...and add moar bouncing bewbies too!
Than I will rate :)

Last edited:
Level 6
Well the skin on the upper torso isnt good at all. Try finding some better textures for it, then ill dl it and check the animations :p But it looks good for a first model :)
Btw u wrote "campaing" in keywords. Its "campaign"

Level 6
I worked well in the arms and legs in the afternoon today.

i reduce remake all extension of the arm (now has 4 sides instead of 3, and the movement of the shoulder does not compromise the rest of the arm).

i working now in animations. Only did two animations so far, 1 attack and stand, but it seems that I have made nine, so many times you repeat the sequence and remake parts of the model for no interference lines

Level 10
I must say this has been greatly improved, expecially my suggestion about fastening the anims :)
The only thing I have to complain is her texture pale as hell. That gets 4/5, yes, because I seen the effort you put. Nice use of team colour.

Level 6
It's an interesting idea, and so far I really like it. Despite what people might want to say about how the body looks, in game you can hardly find fault with the body - it's simple looking and effective. My only criticisms are:

The attack animation should show more... intent, follow-through. Look at how Jaina swings her staff.

The same goes for her spell animation (spell caster heroes should have good spell animations). They're very weak and unconvincing.

Secondly, her death animation, as others have said, is lacking.

Thirdly, I really don't like that this person is snow white. It's ok if she's a white skinned witch, part of some white skinned people, but... it's still no excuse to make her a solid color skin tone. You could do to spruce up her skin, but her face looks nice, even if I'm not digging the hair color. I like the red dress, and even though there doesn't appear to be much detail on it, it looks nice in game.

That said, the model is good and probably better than what I could manage. You learn fast.

Level 6
Animations.

I agree, I still did not like the animation of the attack.

as soon as I finished, I had an animation called "Stand Ready" I did, looking the other models that "always had" this movement, I thought it was a movement for cinematics.

when put in game, I realized that when she attacks, she is on "stand ready!" that was incredible for me, but at the time the atacks that are based on "stand" was corrupted, because this position is ready!

Wow, that was very important to me. I removed this model the position Stand Ready, but when I do another upgrade, probably, the attacks are based on this position:

Stand Ready.JPG

i'm tired , and i have make a turorial "how make anime icons" to moderator undestand that i MAKE ThiS IcoN --'

then do not expect updates for now.

Level 6
Well it got way better now :p At least theres a bit of shading but it could do with a bit more shading.

Level 6
finished my icon, I will make the appropriate repairs in this model, take the suggestion of HappyCockroach the animation stand-3 and walk, channel do for myself, review the animations of attack again, give a look at the shoulder (think is the most hard body, no, indeed, the anatomy of a humanoid is quite complicated, full of joints and stretch the skin. when it is more perfect, more consuming kbits, I look it as an absolute disadvantage.

also started my new model, which will not be much harder to do because it is human too.
if you want to see the album illustrates the new model, did some drawings on it, and suggestive. link to album:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/170481-albums1772-picture13373.html

Last edited:
Level 3
Hanza-Ru, may I ask for custom path... since the link on the description is down... it was just a shadow on my map...

*Update: oh well, noticed hanza-ru has never logged for over a year... can somebody generous enough to help me here?

Last edited:
Level 6
i receive emails with the replies, you can ask ever you want about my models.

can be a simple problem with your custom path in import window, see if you remove "war3mapImport\" from custom path, save map and reopen warcraft 3 model editor to open model custom path correctly.

see in map attached :

Attachments

• WitchofNighttest.w3x
    153.3 KB · Views: 51
Level 3
i receive emails with the replies, you can ask ever you want about my models.

can be a simple problem with your custom path in import window, see if you remove "war3mapImport\" from custom path, save map and reopen warcraft 3 model editor to open model custom path correctly.

see in map attached :

Thank you for the reply and the attached map... + rep...

Level 1
i know im doing something wrong. when i try to use it when im playing around makeing a map the sprite dosent work (along with many others some work but its veary little) also i know i spelled many things wrong