• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Wisp playing animation when it finishes building for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yes, it's me again, with another wisp related problem :cute:

Whenever i build something with my wisp, once it finishes building it permanently keeps the "in the process of building" animation (the crazy light-blue glow). It doesn't go away. And I have no idea why. I have searched the forums and couldn't find an answer either. Any help would be gurtly hulpful.

(P.S I wont be replying anytime soon, going to bed)

Level 11
i dunno how u get the problem, but anyway try this:
  • Animation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wisp
    • Actions
      • Animation - Reset (Triggering unit)'s animation
Edit:
Or try if the 1st trigger not work
  • Animation 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wisp
    • Actions
      • Animation - Remove the work animation tag to (Triggering unit)

Last edited:
Level 2
I couldn't get that trigger to work; I think it is referring to the building/unit being constructed, not the builder. But I'm no expert, so dunno :confused:

EDIT:
Found a way to fix it, but it involves storing the builder when it spawns in a variable, then resetting its animation every 1 second of game time. Far from perfect, and I am still open to ideas. It might also become hairy when it starts to involve builders being bought from a shop, builders merging to create new builders, and multiple players :ugly:

Last edited:
Level 11
u mean too many builder in the game, and hard to make a trigger hander the animation?
if i m right try this
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Animation - Reset (Picked unit)'s animation

Level 3
Hmm..
If the other 2 Scripts do not work, try this way (It will work I think, but its shit though, because the wisp will lose all following commands...):

Events
Unit - A unit Finishes construction
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Wisp
Actions
Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering Unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) facing ...
Remove (Triggering Unit) from the game

As I said tha problem is that if you order the wisp to do 2 things in a row, then it wont do 2 things in a row ;)

Maybe the Script above will leak, but i think you can fix it.^^

Level 2
Success!

Jareph, your solution worked, thanks! :grin: and yea, just replacing the unit every time would be quite problematic, but thanks for the input.

:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.