• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] How to get unit to play build animation when it has none?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok so I have this building model that I'm using, but unfortunately it has no birth animation so when a worker builds it all you see is the shadow!

Is there a way I can make it so it plays the human building birth animation via triggers without having to go into model editing? I heard this can be done somewhere but I don' know where.

Level 37
You could try ordering a dummy builder to build a dummy building at the same spot.

Or play stand animation.
  • Untitled Trigger 077
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Animation - Play (Constructing structure)'s stand animation
Or give the model some bith anim, I can do that for you if you post the model and name an anim of an existing unit.

Level 7
Heya Maker, well the thing is I'm using Mr Bobs Medieval building pack, the birth model is a separate model otherwise if you added it to every building it would increase your map size way too much.

I think I've worked it out, what I've done is have the worker build the dummy unit with the birth anim then when the building is complete just triggered it to be replaced with the complete, real building, just tested it out and it seems to work ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.