• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[WIP]Legends of Lore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
[WIP]Legends of Lore Multiplayer RPG

I am currently working on a project entitled ''Legends of Lore''
This game is going to be an orpg, I assume everyone knows what that means.
And if you don't you probably don't belong on this website..
Anyway, I'm not too far into it.
So far I have a custom hero selection system, a starting town, a level 1-3 creeping area, and a 1st boss dungeon. Here is the story behind the project and some of the features i have and want to implement.

The Land of Lore was once a peaceful place. Rivers flow crystal clear, the birds sang cheery cherps, and the ground was layered with flowers and other life. The people of Lore were happy and content, it seemed as if nothing could sway their attention or happiness, or distract them from their lives. That was until Necrosil showed up. Ever since that demon showed up there have been more animals in the woods, which have become incredibly disturbed. The plant-life which was once so abundant has been reduced to the confines of the most holy of places. The rivers now run black and red with blood, and the birds have been exchanged for bats, the only song sang now is the sound of death and destruction...

Here is a list of some of the features I wish to implement. Some of these I have already created.
Features:pal:
-Model Attachments
-Multiple Races
-Multi-Class(Sub-classes and jobs etc)
-Customizable Classes (Customize your skill tree and mix skills from other classes)
-Color customizable weapons (Possibly armor too)
-Custom Inventory system
-Custom hero choice system (I don't know if I am keeping the current one)
-Custom Models (Duh! Mostly already done. Just not all imported to map.)
-Custom loading screen
-Save/Load (This will be able to be loaded on expansion maps)
-Weapon augments (Permanent affects to weapons)
-AI Support (If I implement this is will be a very very late update)
-Inn system
-Guild-type skill trainers
-A tutorial island with tutorial NPC's
-Backpack system(This will require another type of custom inventory(with less slots than the first inventory system)

I have developed a few classes so far, but I am definitely gonna add more upon your suggestions, and my ideas. Here's the class list so far(Sub-Classes are not included)

Classes of Lore:spell_breaker:
-Archer
-Warrior
-Barbarian
-Berkserker
-Mage
-Necromancer
-Shield Breaker
-Bard
-Defender
-Cleric
-Rifleman
-Assasine
-Monk
-Druid
-Summoner

I am also planning on a sort of 'Religion' system. Not sure how I'll do it, it won't grant you an immediate bonus, such as Defi4nc3's Orpg. But it will determine your path eventually.

I have drafted up a few ideas for allies and enemies, that may be something you could be interested in, so I'll post it.

Enemies of Lore:thumbs_down:
-Imps
-Goblins...don't worry Mr.Goblin, I'll give you a guest spot :D
-Trolls
-Wolves
-Bandits
-Rogue Knights
-Rogue Elves
-Rogue Mages
-Void Begins
-Ghosts
-Wraiths
-Lesser Souls
-Greater Souls
-Necrosil
-The Devil
-Demons
-Crazy Travelers

Allies of Lore:thumbs_up:
-God
-Kings
-Regions (Non-evil ones)
-The people of Lore
-Knights
-Cavalier
-Archers
-Elven People
-Elven Soldiers
-Elven Cavalier
-Elven Archers
-Mages
-Guilds (there will be several guilds including Travelers, Thiefs, Warriors, and Mages, there may be additional guilds)

I'll be adding more updates to this post, forgot to add screen shots so i finally did.

Screen Peek Shots

Burning Village2.jpg Burnt Village1.jpg

Legends of Lore StartVillage2.jpg legends of Lore StartVillage 1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
I don't think you need a "Gender Selection" since 98% of WC3 players are males anyway.
Well, it's just a feature. But I was thinking about excluding that because of the lack of RPG models. I don't understand why all of the models are guys though. Thanks for the feedback though.

EDIT:
Then Mr. Goblin should be a boss :3
Looks good, but is this multi or singleplayer? :D

It's going to be multiplayer, and you will need to adventure as a party to survive. But if you play on single player I am currently wokring on a trigger to handle lowering the difficulty, but it may cause lag and I haven't tested it yet, because of all the time it takes for the other features.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.