• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Nightfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The year is 1343. It has been ten years since the first appearance of the deadly rat plague, which today has wiped out two thirds of the known population of the world.Man's ancient Gods has turned their gaze away and humanity desperately clings to a dying world.

It has been ten years since the apparition of death emerged from the underworld and began to awaken the fallen creatures of the world against the remaining population.

Humanity is dying, time is running out.

Pelsen brings you a new Map Project, styled as a hack and slash rpg with inspiration from Diablo and other franchises.

Features in the full map when released:

*9 Playable Classes.

*Randomly generated rare creatures.

*Dungeons with randomly generated enemies and rewards suitable for your class and level.

*Fair Loot distributing system, no player is left behind.

*A Level cap to 50, more will come.

*Scripted boss encounters.

*Three difficulty settings: normal, Hard, Extreme. The higher difficulty, the higher reward.

*Save & Load system to let you continue your progress from time to time.

*Various challenges to conquer and win.

*Player vs Player setting.

*A unique storyline that stretches beyond the maximum level. The save function will also save your progress in the storyline.

Playable Heroes:

Blacksmith:
*Role: Tank.
*Armor Class: Heavy.
*Weapon Class: Meele, Blunt Weapons.
*Lore: In a hostile world, weapons are more important than ever. Blacksmiths has become known as protectors of humanity. They supply entire settlements with a chance of survival while themselves wearing heavy armor into the heat of battle.

Dread Knight:
*Role: Damage.
*Weapon Class: Meele, sharp weapons.
*Lore: The Dread Knights brave the once living lands in pursuit of dark creatures to slay. They care little for protecting the human settlements, but fight for the full elimination of evil.

Justicar:
*Role: Healer.
*Weapon Class: Meele, blunt weapons.
*Lore: The Justicar orders were once priests for the human Gods, but that time is long past. In this new apocalyptic world they aid the settlements, telling tales of old and mending whatever wounds they can.

Ranger:
*Armor Class: Medium.
*Weapon Class: Ranged, Bow.
*Lore: Rangers stalk the wild empty lands, moving from settlement to settlement, carrying both supplies and messages. They are experts at hiding from sight and at sneaking past enemies.

Engineer:
*Weapon Class: Ranged, Rifle.
*Lore: The Engineers rely on their own personal gadgets and tricks in order to survive in the new world. With a vast variety of different tools, the engineers can do everything from assembling deadly traps to create their own personal wall to carry with them.

Warden:
*Weapon Class: Meele, Sharp weapons.
*Lore: Wardens serves as the key protectors of the human settlements, rallying the survivors under their command.

Plague Doctor:
*Armor Class: Light.
*Weapon Class: Ranged, Rifle.
*Lore: During the plague's first year, the Doctors desperately worked to maintain control, learning everything they could in order to halt the disease. Now, ten years later, they still continue their working, seeking to exterminate the plague once and for all.

Mage:
*Weapon Class: Ranged, Wands.
*Lore: Once at the highest peak of humanity, mages have fallen from grace, many of them either dead or banished to a life of solitude. Shunned by most in belief that they were responsible for the plague, the remaining mages seek to redeem themselves in the eyes of the rest of the population.

Necromancer:
*Weapon Class: Meele, Scythe.
*Lore: The Necromancers are far from feared in this new world. They are praised for the fact that they fight restlessly against the undead forces that haunts the world, using their own powers against them. Necromancers travel the world far and wide, putting the dark creatures to a permanent rest while fighting them back, their goal laying in the underworld, Death itself.

The map is currently in it's first stage, the terrain is being built. Once the terrain is playable, I will begin to start a minor Alpha testing. I have no plans for a full release date yet, that will come later.

As soon the map is released to the public(alpha included) a full credit list for all the resources used will be there.

For now I'm also fully open to any ideas, suggestions and thoughts regarding this project :) Would I use a a suggestion/idea, or a part of it, this will also end up on the credit list.

Level 10
Sounds nice, what do you mean by fair loot system? Like there is a heap of items dropped, or have you got a specific system in mind?

Anyway good luck. If you want to attract some more attention to the project try using some bbc codes too

Level 6
What I have in mind is to create a system that drops items suitable for the players current level and class, aswell as a system that makes sure people wont just steal whatever item that is dropped. I will think about it further when it gets into development :), and thanks for the tip! Ill check it out :)

Level 10
What I have in mind is to create a system that drops items suitable for the players current level and class, aswell as a system that makes sure people wont just steal whatever item that is dropped. I will think about it further when it gets into development :), and thanks for the tip! Ill check it out :)

Fair enough. I look forward to seeing it in action

Status
Not open for further replies.