• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[WIP] Alterac Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Warcraft III

Alterac Valley
By Marine99 & Yayoi

Wc3AV will be a fully functional re-make of the popular battleground Alterac Valley (from World of Warcraft). It will feature both single & multi-player modes, all classes (from vanilla wow), and all items that are/were purchasable from the pvp vendors.

Classes that will be available to play:

Warrior

Hunter

Warlock

Paladin

Rogue

Shaman

Priest

Mage

Features:

Full map with both bases
Capture-able bunkers and towers
Troop spawn & command system
Balanced Game play/Classes
Quests that spawn cavalry, air-strikes, gods, and more:thumbs_up:
All pvp sets, weapons, and trinkets (Rare & Epic lv 60 sets)
Title system
Overpowered bosses such as Hello Kitty

Your Next =)

Screen-shots:

Progress:

Terrain

Triggers

Models

This thread is currently under construction, we will update this a few times a week until it meets our standard's.

:fp:This project is headed by Marine99 & Yayoi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Will there be a save/load feature? cause that would be pretty tight, or is it just gonna be like a default character u get to choose? well whatever it is it should be good :D hehe

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Marine is currently working on the terrain and it's looking quite well for a beta layout.

Level 13
The idea is not really original.
BUT!
I am making Hellfire Peninsula, and Spoontoobig is making Warsong Gulch.
And WoWWC3 is already made, although no Battlegrounds :p
Good luck!

Level 5
Got some of the Terraining done, here is a screenshot of the area to the alliance bridge.

*uodate* Here is a [WIP] of the alliance base (using the orc burrow for the bunkers until i can find something more suitable to use)

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Currently the map is around half finished thanks to marine's work on it (he's been working all day lol). It looks quite good for his 3rd terraining job.
We are discussing concept's for the map and we believe that it's going to become a very fun and enjoyable map. Personally I think that if we make this map the way we've been planning to for the past year and a half it will shape up to be a good replica of the WoW battleground. (With some unique twists ofc)

Level 5
*Update* Ugh, Worked on the Map all day and i believe i got the majority of the Alliance side completed, took screenshots after waiting like literally an hour for an alterac valley match on warcraft just to see what went where and how everything went together, the cliffs, hills , and houses/bunkers etc,

Here is a screenshot of the entire map so far, hope you can make out some of the stuff, will continue tommorow!!

*Update* Harpy cave close to finish. The area by Belinda's bunker almost complete and stonehearth bunker terrain looking close to right, making alot of progress on the alliance half ^^

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Looking good so far, gl with the horde side.

Level 5
Thanks Yayoi its going a little rough so far trying to figure stuff out,

*Update* Got the Horde side started and, well its going a little hard so far, i cant recall most of the Horde side of AV from my hardcore wow playing days, so far i have Iceblood Garrison and Iceblood Tower looking decent here is a screen shot

Level 5
*update* added in the graveyard by Iceblood Tower, and the area around it maps look very very terrific so far !!! i cant wait to see the finished thing, me and yayoi are still discussing, features and stuff for the map so will post when i have another update :D

*update 2* Added Tower point on the horde side and did some terraining here is a WIP screenshot of Tower point and the graveyard area

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Looking kwl, remember not to make any more guards.

Level 5
yah trust me i didnt spawn anymore *Update* Got the Horde spawning area almost done!! just adding some details in

*Update* horde side nearing quarter to half completetion!!!
*Update* Fixed tower points location and moved it , it wasnt right, also added more cliffs, and terrain to make it more like ingame
*Update* Redid alot of the horde terrain after seeing it ingame, major set back honestly i rouged out tower point and using in game screenshots to get the majority of things right
*Update* got Tower point in the perfect location same with Iceblood Garrison and Iceblood Tower, also re-doing stonehearth bunker and the area around it cause it was not very accurate to the ingame terrain

please comment thread might be dieng D:

Last edited:
Level 4
Well i like the idea and as i have seen from your other campaings you terrain quite well so i think it will be a great thing and one more question is that picture from warcraft 3 or wow it looks like wow lp jupi99

Level 5
@jupi its from WoW ^^

@Geazergimli thanks for the compliments ^^ and im in love with the terrain to

*Update* added in some patroling guards like in av for the ally side, gonna add the hawks in later but for now its just guards, the map is devolping more and more each day!!
*Update*Put in some basic triggers for things and added a bit more terrain work.
*Update*Fixed the map's misplacement of towers and hills using in game screenshots
*Update*Added in Cold Tooth Mine ^^

Thanks for the feedback, more would be nice aswell ^^

Level 11
So how hard are the commanding officers gonna be? hopefully hard but not too hard... and how long will it take to kill them? hopefully not like half an hour or so on :p hehe

Level 5
Hmm were not sure yet im thinking you will need alot of gear to kill the boss with the upgraded stats. To say the least though you probably cant kill him with all your team ungeared :D, and it might be hard if the enemy side is camping him aswell... we might have to have the reinforcements system in there if that happens to much .

The features like call in cavalry and airstrikes, and miltia armies will be able to attack the keep so if you clear the way for them you will have additional hands to fight the keep lord, either the units will spawn from the entrances or the keeps, tell me which works better.

*Update!!* got some models for the militia dwarves and some captains for the Alliance!! added them in the map but have no place to put them yet :D

*Update got to frostwolf keep... but its so hard to terrain its confusing me im stuck at the bottom left of the map like where it ussualy is and a little confused on the placement of things 0.o this might take a while to say the least :cry::sad:

Level 11
aww man..... btw how is your hero selection gonna work out? is it gonna be like pick a hero form an altar, or like having a wisp or something walk into a platform to pick the character? well you shouldnt worry about this yet... but im just saying :p hehe

Level 7
Nice map :)
Although the map seems to be a bit empty, hopefully you'll add more ^^
How are players going to optain gear?

Level 5
Nice map :)
Although the map seems to be a bit empty, hopefully you'll add more ^^
How are players going to optain gear?

Players will obtain gear from npc vendors that the other team can kill, if they want to screw over the others, they may be guarded a bit heavily so it might be hard to kill them :thumbs_up: and yah im not done terraining yet dont worry:smile:, and there will be a flag in the middle where there is a kobold shop, it cant be killed so players will use a flag to control it, it is expected to be contested heavily if all the npc vendors are killed

aww man..... btw how is your hero selection gonna work out? is it gonna be like pick a hero form an altar, or like having a wisp or something walk into a platform to pick the character? well you shouldnt worry about this yet... but im just saying :p hehe
Not sure on hero selection is gonna work it might be an altar where you pick but, i really dunno yet, we will see :D

*Update* did more terraining on the horde side its looking rough, but its getting there, it looks like an early, early alpha stage.

*Team Update* Geizergimli2 is now part of the team working on some triggering for the spawning of units ^^ his profile here >> Geazergimli2[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/geazergimli2/"][/URL]

Last edited:
Level 11
Wow man... your awesome!! :D hmm... i guess i need to change my signature :p but alright man ill do my best to make this map running, my first time working on a map with more than one person so bare with me ^^ but anyway, ill go start up world editor and see what i can do, btw man.... i still love ur amazing terraining skills :D hehe

Level 5
the terrain really looks like the one in WoW now if it only had som good custom models it would look perfect (im not talking about WoW rips)
yah i woudnt rip wow models, anyway the models I have are just a basic laydown until i find the right stuff, and trust me i will find better models when im done terraining still working on frost wolf keeps area, its being a total piss of sadly :(

*update added 3 new screens*

Last edited:
Level 19
Green trees on ice.. dead trees on snow.. something is going wrong here.

Better add a sky and some lightning which will greatly help you put doodads around.
Big buildings and small units might piss off people, since units are hard to select and most of times the buildings will hover the unit.

Try to make more detailed terrain, not just a bunch of hills with 4-5 trees on them.

Overall, idea is not new nor original, but I might check the map when its done, tho its not the first re-create of a WoW battleground.

Level 5
Green trees on ice.. dead trees on snow.. something is going wrong here.

Better add a sky and some lightning which will greatly help you put doodads around.
Big buildings and small units might piss off people, since units are hard to select and most of times the buildings will hover the unit.

Try to make more detailed terrain, not just a bunch of hills with 4-5 trees on them.

Overall, idea is not new nor original, but I might check the map when its done, tho its not the first re-create of a WoW battleground.

will add sky when im done, ive looked through all the screens and cant see green trees on ice, i may be blind, and dead trees on snow make sense... lost there leaves? the big buildings are just how they should look in av,camera is locked on unit so its fine, and in av the background really just is hills with trees, the majority of the map is hills and trees :p, and yah i will add the sky dont worry

sure it isnt original but this is a whole new battleground, and av is awesome sauce, plus most other wow pvp maps dont have objectives where you can spawn gods, groups of soldiers, cavalry attacks , and air strikes, plus we are adding our own twists ^^

have you played wow lol?

Level 19
Status
Not open for further replies.