• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Winterleaf II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
teb.gif

just did terrain this week, like this:

not finished yet*
t0zi.png

honestly, I'm pretty tired to triggers, but when I perk I will be returning to do the bosses and dialogues.

Level 14
It looks great and is surprisingly simple to play. Usually when people mess with the default mechanics of Warcraft it doesn't turn out so great, but yours is simple and effective. Keep up the good work!

Level 11
Looks pretty nice. Good work!!!

It looks great and is surprisingly simple to play. Usually when people mess with the default mechanics of Warcraft it doesn't turn out so great, but yours is simple and effective. Keep up the good work!

well, the project is stopped, but thank you anyway ;)
remembering that if anyone is interested to download the alpha version, it is available for download here.

Level 7
Haha, winterleaf? Winterfell from GoT? Alot of this sounds like it was inspired from game of thrones. Interesting~ Too bad its stopped. That's often the problem with big projects though, they start to bore you after awhile :/

Level 11
Haha, winterleaf? Winterfell from GoT? Alot of this sounds like it was inspired from game of thrones.

Sure! it was many inspired by: GoT, LOTR, Fable, Trine 2, Gilneas (warcraft), Van Helsing.

Why stopped? :/

I Have a great problem, I really work only with inspiration for some theme, and when this inspiration go away, the project start to be boring for me...
and I stop... I'm sad by say this, because I would love to finish this project.

:sad:

Level 30
This project seriously needs you, its really hard to see great project fading away just like that. You got to do any means to make that inspiration back! Anyways, hoping that you could still continue this even if the odds tells that its quite not like that anymore.

Good luck! :cgrin:

Level 14
I agree. Whenever I lose inspiration for awhile and step away from my project I usually turn to the things that inspired me in the first place. I take inspiration from Zelda, Fable, LOTR, TES, and some other games I've played, so I just start playing them for awhile and the inspiration usually returns. Although sometimes it takes longer than other times.

And of course it always helps when people give you good feedback about the project. So hopefully we can encourage you to keep going!

Level 14
Screenshots look good, but there is ZERO information about the gameplay.

- Is it singleplayer?
- How does fighting work?
- What are you doing (creeping, killing bosses, questing, making items, ...)
etc.

Good RPGs require much more than just cool terrain and eyecandy..

Level 11
This project seriously needs you, its really hard to see great project fading away just like that. You got to do any means to make that inspiration back! Anyways, hoping that you could still continue this even if the odds tells that its quite not like that anymore.

Good luck! :cgrin:

I agree. Whenever I lose inspiration for awhile and step away from my project I usually turn to the things that inspired me in the first place. I take inspiration from Zelda, Fable, LOTR, TES, and some other games I've played, so I just start playing them for awhile and the inspiration usually returns. Although sometimes it takes longer than other times.

And of course it always helps when people give you good feedback about the project. So hopefully we can encourage you to keep going!

many thanks, maybe someday I will work on it again.

Screenshots look good, but there is ZERO information about the gameplay.

- Is it singleplayer?
- How does fighting work?
- What are you doing (creeping, killing bosses, questing, making items, ...)
etc.

Ok, there is no "ZERO" information about the gameplay, there is a Trailer that shows a bit from the gameplay, sure not all because I don't want to give "spoilers" about some things, and there is a Alpha Version available to download too.

Answering...
- Yes, it is singleplayer
- Action combat by Keyboard hotkeys.
- It's a campaign, with a story to follow and some extras.

Good RPGs require much more than just cool terrain and eyecandy..

you could play the alpha version, it is missing many undone things, but anyway it's fun.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.