1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WinMPQ v1.64

Submitted by Ralle
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

This is an mpq archiver that uses SFmpq. It has an interface somewhat similar to WinZip. It currently has many features and is one of the best mpq archivers around.
Contents

WinMPQ v1.64 (Binary)

1. wc3man

wc3man

Resources:
    Resources:
    this doesnt open frozen throne maps.....

2. DjTheDeath

DjTheDeath

Resources:
    Resources:
    its for converting custom spells and stuff into an roc map or something...
    thats what everyone tells me

3. DeMoN-0101

DeMoN-0101

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. Vengence-

Vengence-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a serious question about this.
    OK.
    I use the WinMPQ to import models and files yes.
    I import the File into the map, then save & Close it.
    Problem is, when I open the map i imported in, the model files are gone.
    When I re-open in WinMPQ, the files are gone there also. (I thought it saved when clos)
    Aside from all of that, someone please post a quick reply or quote on how i would go about importing these and making sure they STAY in the map file.

5. p8intballer

p8intballer

Resources:
    Resources:
    dont try to edit the map once u import the files using mpq because if you save it it will convet back to tft
    im not one hundred % sure why your files wouldent stay there but they should once u click add
    the easyest way to do this is make a folder on your desktop export all the fils u want to that folder then import the hole folder into your map
    make sure if ur converting to roc that u delete all the old files in the map befoe u import the new ones

6. p8intballer

p8intballer

Resources:
    Resources:
    make sure under file type u select all

7. Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The program works perfectly fine with Frozen Throne maps, but you have to switch to "All files (*.*)" in the "open"-dialog.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  8. p8intballer

p8intballer

Resources:
    Resources:
    exatly what i just said lol

9. I-R-Oreo

I-R-Oreo

Resources:
    Resources:
    it doesnt work for me. I have xp. It says:

"This application has failed to start because VB40032.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Ive downloaded it again and it still doesnt work.

10. p8intballer

p8intballer

Resources:
    Resources:
    re

make sure you have microsoft framework 1.1 and 2.0 i beleve. you should have been asked if you waned to download these when you first updated windows xp.

11. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gives a dll error "VB40032.DLL was not found..." when I try to open WinMPQ. I've wcr3TFT legal version.

12. thepugster

thepugster

Resources:
    Resources:
    what about for vista?

13. neyatu

neyatu

Resources:
    Resources:
    is this wat u use to make models

14. orco

orco

Resources:
    Resources:
    Known Error...

To all who got problems with WinMPQ error and Vista:

I know this error well.
    You might have noticed the name of the missing file : VB40032.DLL
    VB4... any idea of that?

It is the Virtual Basic 4 Library which is missing i think. This happen when you don't install VB4 (it is included in the .zip).

You might think you've installed VB4 because you ran setup.exe but theres one mistake i have done very often by myself :grin:

:fp::fp::fp:
    There are 2 Setup.exe files. One is in the VBr4.zip, the other one is included in the RunPack3.zip.
    If you choose multiple folders to unzip, the one setup.exe gets overwritten and you think nothing is missing.
    Unzip Vbr4.zip first, run setup.exe.
    Now it is better to take all extracted vbr4.zip files into an subdirectory and unzip RunPack3.zip now. There you have to run setup.exe again. Do the same as before ( putting in subdirectory) and now unzip WinMPQ.zip, run WinMPQ.exe

Now it should work!
    But:
    For Vista you might have to change the rights of the directory. Rightclick on it, settings, safety/security, at the bottom of the window click change
    and click the required settings there, you should choose allow all!

Im sorry for the bad explanation of the last part but i am German so i just got the German names. In german it is Rightclick-> Eigenschaften -> Sicherheit -> at the bottom of the window Ă„ndern -> Vollzugriff.
    Maybe that help understanding

For Neyatu:
    No, this is not used to make models. You can open the .w3m (RoC) and .w3x (Tft) warcraft map files like .zip or .rar archives. MPQ is just a file archive like the ones i have mentioned before. .w3m and .w3x are just other names, in real they are .mpq files.
    WinMPW allow you to open these files and export/import data out of/into it and change them. Yes, that might be a model file but you cant create new models or else with WinMPQ, just view the files and change them.
    Often MPQ-managers are also used to gain World of Warcraft Interface data, which is hidden in WoWs MPQ files.
    As far as i know just blizzard games use MPQ archives.
    Starcraft + Expansion,
    Warcraft III + Warcraft III: Tft (unsure about Warcraft I and Warcraft II)
    World of Warcraft

15. GosuSheep

GosuSheep

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am having a difficult time with the commandline. Anyone know how to select multiple sourcefiles or all sourcefiles in the list?

16. gnaL

gnaL

Resources:
    Resources:
    I seem to be dumb but how can I replace or lets say add a file?
    I wanted to replace the war3map.wts of one map with the one of another. So what I did is to delete the .wts of the one --> worked.
    But it wasnt possible to add the other one. I had 16/17. Files and added (just per add file) the war3map.wts file I've extracted before from another mpq, but it didnt appear after I've added it. What did I make wrong?
    btw it asked me whether I want to add a string which will be added before the name of the file. Is that the right function I'm using? Doesnt seem so.

17. rachaelfox

rachaelfox

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi,

http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/vb40032.dll/

Just visit this site...this will help in case of missing or downloading dll's , also if dll's are corrupted or errors in dll's..!
    I registered few dll's from this site...worked in my case. :)

18. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    man this program is awesome!! 5/5 :thumbs_up:
    is there a way to be able to transfern more than 60 imported data?
    pls answer me asap thnx!!

19. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This program no longer works with version 1.26e to the best of my knowledge it is now useless.

I am unable to add, edit, or remove files from the MPQ.