• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WinMPQ and Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hello.

As you know, WinMPQ is usefull for extracting resources out of maps without having to break protections, or open WE specifically for exporting them.
However, sometimes, with protected maps, you see the file-list as resources named unknown. This is what I'm asking; what to do when we get stuck with this problem? Someone recommended me Hex Workshop. I don't have it right now, but the problem is that I don't know how to work with it. I experimented somethings, for example opening a map, if I remember right, I could view it's inner-code (therefore in JASS).

So, can anyone recommend me a tool for getting rid of this unknown problem, or teach me how to use Hex Workshop? (and provide a link if possible, it'll spare me the work of searching everything through Google)

Level 15
You can guess all the file names and re-add them manually to the MPQ file using WinMPQ.

Or, if you just want to extract certain files, you can use the command line at the bottom of the WinMPQ window.
For example...
Code:
e war3mapPreview.tga
...will extract war3mapPreview.tga.

Status
Not open for further replies.