• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Windwalk my Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i ran into an interesting issue while making a map. I gave a boat windwalk and found that while it is on it cannot travel over water. It was not a problem with the boat as it could travel over water with the ability off. i think it may have to do with the coding of windwalk. i need help fixing this. if its not possible to fix, then i just need an ability that makes a unit invisible while moving.

thanks ahead of time

Level 2
with invisibility i have to click the ability then click the unit i want to go invisible. i want it to be like wind walk where i just click the ability and it goes invisible. anyone code anything like that?

Level 4
Make a dummy ability, base it off w/e i used thunderclap, remove all of its effects, damage, stun etc. Then make a unit in the corner of your map and give it the invisibility skill. Modify the range of invisibility to max.

Make Trigger
Event
Unit - A unit begins casting an ability

Condition
Ability being cast equal to (your dummy ability)

Action
Unit - order (your unit with invisibility) to human sorceress -invisibility (casting unit)*the unit that cast the dummy spell.

This is a very crude way of doing it because you have to have a unit in the corner of your map, if your good with triggers, make the trigger make a dummy unit and cast invisibilty on your ship when your ship cast dummy ability. Make sure to add an expiration timer to your dummy unit and fix leaks.
Hope that helps!

Level 3
  • Events
    • A unit begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast equal to Wind walk
    • Unit casting ability equal to Boat
  • Actions
    • Create sorceress somewhere
    • Order sorceress to cast invisibility on casting unit
    • Remove sorceress
Also modify the dummy skill, sorceress and invisibility

Level 2
thanks. i got it to work by already having a unit on the map and having it cast invisibility on the unit casting the dummy. the issue is that i can only make 1 unit invisible. like i cant click a big group of units and click the ability because it only makes 1 unit invisible. could u explain the making a dummy unit way of doing it?

Level 2
ok i made that trigger now how do i make the specific sorceress i created cast the spell

Level 4
Its an action
Under unit
It's Unit - Issue order targeting a unit
Then just fill it in, Order (unit with invisibility) to (human sorceress - invisibility) your boat or w/e.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sample w/ dummy units.
I'm not sure how to make multiple units do it at same time, but i'm sure someone does, anyway this might work for you, if you want multiple people to do just spam button for now until I or someone one else figures out how to make it work with many units at once.

Ok Make your dummy skill give it to your boat, make sure it doesnt require a target, example use roar and remove all the buffs from it. Make dummy unit, just use sorceress, give her the locust ability, change model to question mark, change scaling size to .10 and death time to .10. Again make sure you give it locust ability. Also give it invisibility and change the duration of invisibility to w/e you want and mana cost to 0.

I assume you understand variables. Use this trigger.
Dummylocation is a point variable DummyUnit is a unit variable.

• Events
  • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Dummy ability)
  • Actions
  • Set Dummylocation = (Position of (Casting unit))
  • Unit - Creat 1 (Sorceress for Owner of Casting Unit at Dummylocation facing Default building facing degrees
  • Set DummyUnit = (Last created unit)
  • Animation - Change DummyUnit's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%, with 100.00% transparency
  • Unit - Order DummyUnit to Human Sorceress - Invisibility (Casting Unit)
  • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to DummyUnit
  • Custom script: Call RemoveLocation(udg_Dummylocation)

Last edited:
Level 2
i typed that exactly and gave me an error related to the last action. when deleted it works fine. it would be very nice if i could get wind walk jass code fix to make it work on only ship pathable areas.

Level 4
Glad you got it to work, i dont know what error your talking about, if its about the removelocation, that is just used to clear up leaks so you dont technically "need" it. I would help you more but i dont know jass :(. Glad i could help you

Level 5
Last action remove leaks, w/o it your trigger will leak a location each cast. Also you don't need to make a variable for last created unit and you don't need to make your unit transparent. Just create a dummy in object editor with a dummy model.

Level 4
I guess your right about the unit variable, its not "needed" but it doesnt hurt anything plus i thought if he spammed it too fast it would mess up but after looking at it again i suppose it probably wouldnt, i.e. he has 3 boats he has to hit button 3 times for all to windwalk because i dont know how to make it mui :(
Thanks for correcting me.

Level 4
Well, its mui, i guess thats not the right word... let me rephrase, he wants say 6 units to be able to go invisible at the same time, but that doesnt even work with say 6 shamans windwalking at same time does it? So i dont know how to do that.

Level 5
Well I don't thing to can order 6 unit to cast a spell at the same time.. But what you could do is a trigger that order all selected unit to cast the same spell at the same time.

Edit: Nvm wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.