• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wind Walk ability not making unit invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hmm. You can do it in at least one wierd way.

Collision off method. It's probably as unreliable as easy trigger evasion, and maybe you already thought of the method. If two units have collision turned off, one of them can walk through the other. Turn collision off for casting unit. Make a new buff instead of wind walk buff and assign it to your custom Wind Walk ability. Whenever a unit with this buff (slipthrough buff) gets very close to a ground unit, turn that ground unit's collision off as well, and turn it back on when the unit isn't within that range anymore of unit with slipthrough buff. Actually, I don't think this way will be too dangerous to use.

Level 13
I think you need to create ability and find the correct effect - add it and try.

Effect "Invisibility" does not exist :(

{EDIT}
Hmm. You can do it in at least one wierd way.

Collision off method. It's probably as unreliable as easy trigger evasion, and maybe you already thought of the method. If two units have collision turned off, one of them can walk through the other. Turn collision off for casting unit. Make a new buff instead of wind walk buff and assign it to your custom Wind Walk ability. Whenever a unit with this buff (slipthrough buff) gets very close to a ground unit, turn that ground unit's collision off as well, and turn it back on when the unit isn't within that range anymore of unit with slipthrough buff. Actually, I don't think this way will be too dangerous to use.

i could do something on your way but the only problem is that there is only event

EVENT.unit enters within <X> range of unit
and i would need event
EVENT-unit leaves with in <X> range of unit

Else i need to pick units every 0.1 seconds of the game that are nor near unit with wind walk

and that is complicated :/

i tried to grant shared vision to all enemies of (casting unit) but that sucks
units will see the casting and attack him but he will not be visible on the screen of enemy players

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
That's right. Ghost could be your answer. Just give it to the casting unit and remove it after a timer expires. Terrifficly simple. But does Ghost show a passive command button? That could be a problem.

Edit: My method doesn't work btw. Forget about mine. Because units within the range would also be able to walk through each other! And suddenly it's a Mass Ghost (Visible) spell!

Level 6
Hello,

Wind Walk:
You just have to change the Data - Transition time to something above the duration. After that can you either remove backstab damage or keep it.

Level 6
You read my post? Wind Walk with a longer Transition time than the Duration, will give the effect to walk trough units, not buildings, but still attack able by others.

Level 4
Sinizi is right: make the fade/transition time 6 and the duration 5 and you'll be able to walk through units but won't turn invisible. Do NOT make the transition time EQUAL to the duration because then for a single instant you will turn invisible (which would cause problems with certain targeted spells like storm bolt).

Level 13
Guys 0_o i have one big problem,i cant ADD ability (item permanent invisibility) when unit uses that wind walk

i can do it when he start to cast but i cannot remove it later

i cannot add when unit finishes casting :ugly::sad:

Level 6
You could make another spell which is given after the unit have casted Wind Walk. It could be a Roar or what ever you want. That would break the WW effect. Just remember to make a trigger that remove the spell when the WW effect is gone.

Level 13
the wind walk i want seems impossible

1.) -i want wind walk not to make unit invisible
2.) -i want that i can add invisibility to unit that has the wind walk and later remove it when i want,not removing the wind walk...(just invisibility)

on some very stupid way i cannot ADD invisibility while the unit is using wind walk that is not making him invisible

Last edited:
Level 4
I don't understand.. I thought you wanted the unit to be visible but with 0 collision. If that's still the case, then just follow what Sinizi or I said: use the normal spell windwalk but make sure that the transition time is higher than the duration of the spell.

EDIT: I see, in that case... I would suggest visiting www.dota-allstars.com and going to the Mechanics section on the forums there. Ask in a thread about the Stealth Assassin's Permanent Invisibility and ask why he still has collision while invisible.

Another thing you could try is making a dummy spell. When the hero casts the spell, make a dummy unit cast "invisibility" on the hero. If this doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you.

Level 13
I don't understand.. I thought you wanted the unit to be visible but with 0 collision. If that's still the case, then just follow what Sinizi or I said: use the normal spell windwalk but make sure that the transition time is higher than the duration of the spell.

its not good...
(i want that i can add Permanent Invisibility to unit while he is using the wind walk and later remove it when i want,(not removing the wind walk too)...(just the Permanent Invisibility)

i have trigger that every 1 sec of game picks every unit.....and it removes invisibility from picked unit

-it works like true sight ability but it is working only on units that i want it to work

{EDIT}
BTW this is the last thing in my map i really need this :cry:
i will give you + 1000000 rep if you want

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
What do you mean by "when you want to remove the invisibility"? Does that mean that you want the invisibility to have a certain duration or you want to arbitrarily remove it at some point without a predetermined time? Do you only want to be invisible near trees? While moving? Etc. I need more details as to what you want to happen.

Level 13
What do you mean by "when you want to remove the invisibility"? Does that mean that you want the invisibility to have a certain duration or you want to arbitrarily remove it at some point without a predetermined time? Do you only want to be invisible near trees? While moving? Etc. I need more details as to what you want to happen.

-unit is using the wind walk witch is not making him invisible

-now i want to > add Permanent Invisibility < but i can´t :(

later i may want to

-remove Permanent Invisibility (not removing wind walk)

well as i said on some stupid way i cannot add Permanent Invisibility while unit is using the wind walk :(

i am adding Permanent Invisibility because later i will want to make unit visible not removing his wind walk
(when he comes near my custom true sight)
and when he leaves i will want to add Permanent Invisibility again

i already solved the custom true sight but not the wind walk :(

all what i need is to be able to add/remove Permanent Invisibility while unit is using the Wind Walk

Last edited:
Level 4
Instead of using permanent invisibility, have a dummy unit cast invisibility on the unit, and then whenever the unit comes within range of the unit with truesight, remove the invisibility buff.

Level 13
Instead of using permanent invisibility, have a dummy unit cast invisibility on the unit, and then whenever the unit comes within range of the unit with truesight, remove the invisibility buff.

how is the invisibility called,did you check that it works?,i also have to add it if he leaves from the truesight again

BTW Wand of Shadowsight is not working......... :(

Last edited:
Level 4
It's the "invisibility" spell cast by the Sorceress (I think) in melee games. If you want to re-add the invisibility once the unit leaves the true-sight range then you're going to have to do more triggering to check whether a variable (duration) is above 0 for the specific instance of the spell cast on the specific unit, and if it is, recast the spell. When the duration variable reaches 0, remove the buff from the unit regardless of whether or not it's within the truesight range.

Level 4
y dun u just give ur custom true sight the ability to cast invisibility so when ur guy comes near it with wind walk casting....it will cast it on ur guy....then when he leaves take it off with a trigger

the trigger to take it off would be UNIT remove specific Buff

Level 13
y dun u just give ur custom true sight the ability to cast invisibility so when ur guy comes near it with wind walk casting....it will cast it on ur guy....then when he leaves take it off with a trigger

the trigger to take it off would be UNIT remove specific Buff

how can you cast the invisibility,how is the spell called?

Status
Not open for further replies.