• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Why won't my map load?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I am working on an alternate universe alliance campaign where Kael'thas/the blood elves stay in the Alliance.

My plan is for the first two missions to just be edited versions of the first two maps. I finished working on a beta type version of the first map which seemed to be working when I tested it but when I asked a few of my friends to test it they told me that they couldn't get it to load. It would not display for them in custom maps, custom campaign, nor could they open it in the world editor. When I tested it I just used the test map function from world editor, but I also can't figure out what I am doing wrong here. I think I might have messed it up. The map is below.

AUHumanX01 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

What am I doing wrong here? Shouldn't people at the very least be able to open it with the world editor and hit test map?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What am I doing wrong here?
Nothing, the map works fine for me. Placed in the folder "Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\TESTING" and it appears in the in game custom map list under the TESTING folder as expected.

Shouldn't people at the very least be able to open it with the world editor and hit test map?
They can do that as well, I checked. Map opens perfectly with standard World Edit and testing loads the map perfectly as well.

The problem must be your "friends" doing something to the map file so it does not work.

Level 8
One of my friends got it to work. He was just putting it in the wrong file location. Latest update of WC3 seems to have swapped over to putting maps and saves and things in documents unlike the old version which just had it in the same program files location. I was confused by this also. Another friend is still having trouble, but I think the issue is with his WC3 either being installed wrong or not updated. My third friend got it working fine. I just got confused and thought it was not working for him too.

I still need to figure out a few things with it. I think I can't just insert this map into a campaign. It wasn't working when I tried at least. I want to make sure I figure that out before proceeding in case I have to redo my work. In that event, I'd rather just have to redo the first mission than to redo even more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.