• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

why must models and skins be WC3-ish?

should all models and skins be WC3-ish?

• no, modelers and skinners should be free to make what they want without being hated for it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
when i go through the model section here and look at the comments they all say "nice job, but its just not WC3" or "This model F*ing SuX! ItS NOt Wc3 you JaCK AsS!". what is the point in making fun and creative models if they have to look like orcs, humans, and elves? the whole point of making models is so that it ISNT wc3-ish.like me myself am making an anime model, it isnt wc3, its a reflection of myself, it is my personal creativity, and just because it doesnt scream " FOR LORDAERON!"or walk around with a steel sword doesnt mean you should hate it.

Inatino baka!
U fool minigun! Everyhitng must scream "For Lordaeron!" the chairs the walls everything screams it! and joo r P0\/\/3R|_355 against it!
*shakes in corner and thinks of happy place*

not really i think any models should be accepted i dont care wtf the are, excluding certain ones i cant mention cuz mecheon is here.*couhg*ninjacow*cough*

as long as they arent just plain stupid they should be allowed

EDIT:On another note mecheon, ur models are mostly dismounts arent they? can u dismount Lord Garithos plz? That would be sw33tness, that screams "For Lordaeron!"
EDIT2:Another thing, What's wrong with steel swords? I mean hell a giant robot could use one or a knight could so dont joo b dissin d4 5T33L W34P0NRY
EDIT3: 5w33t D4 C0l0r5
EDIT4: One more thing, does BBCode work in wc3? Cuz i need to find out how to make diff text colors

Level 4
minigun77 said:
when i go through the model section here and look at the comments they all say "nice job, but its just not WC3" or "This model F*ing SuX! ItS NOt Wc3 you JaCK AsS!". what is the point in making fun and creative models if they have to look like orcs, humans, and elves? the whole point of making models is so that it ISNT wc3-ish.like me myself am making an anime model, it isnt wc3, its a reflection of myself, it is my personal creativity, and just because it doesnt scream " FOR LORDAERON!"or walk around with a steel sword doesnt mean you should hate it.

You can make whatever you want, but I have to tend to the line of: if it doesnt fit in the art style it will horribly drop off from the map/setting and possibly ruin the case. There is a line though

Level 4
the reason people say they don't like it because it needs to be WC3ish is because if someone makes a model like say... a skyscraper. That skyscraper can't be used for anything because there aren't other models like it, and the models that already exist wouldn't go with it, making it not useable and a waste of time. The entire basis of this site is to post things for the modding community, things that can be used and help other people. It isn't really a mass private gallery. I'm not saying it has to be entirely WC3ish, I'm just saying it shouldn't be so different that you can't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.