• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Why doesn't this work anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I made this trigger that worked perfectly well before but all I did was change the particular unit; a unit that I first chose through 'select unit' in the GUI trigger editor but then later replaced it with a variable....
the only part of the trigger that doesn't work is the 'Force Board' and 'Load' commands...

• Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Slave Transport for Neutral Extra at (Position of RedHunted) facing ((Facing of RedHero) + 180.00) degrees
    • Wait 0.01 seconds
    • Set RedTransport = (Last created unit)
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Unit - Order RedTransport to Load RedHero
    • Unit - Order RedHero to Force Board RedTransport
    • Wait 3.00 seconds
    • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Transport
    • Unit - Order RedTransport to Move To (Center of Ship <gen>)
    • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Position of RedTransport) for 2.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%)
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + has been captured)
'RedHero' is the variable that replaced the selected unit and practicly the only change I have made apart from adding the 'Wait' comands...
but I said... this trigger worked fine when I first made it...

There is no event because the trigger is triggered by another trigger :grin:that does work.
Just to clarify this for you... the trigger works apart from the 'Load' and'force board' command...

Hope you can help tell me what is wrong wth this but if you can't... I suppose that I can find another way around this problem but that will just mean more work 4 me:hohum:

Ty for readin anyway:thumbs_up:

Level 8
Wait commands are not good. Use timers instead.
To help more I would like to see the whole of the trigger. You also haven't set RedHero to anything in this trigger. Is that set somewhere else?
If so, it could be that RedHero has not been set by the time this part of the trigger fires.

Level 4
red hero is set after a series of other triggers (kinda complicated:wink:) but it is most definately set.... plus.... it is imposible to actualy cast the ability that triggers the trigger that triggers this one (there I go again:grin:) before redHero is set.

Also... thanks, i'll try timers.

Level 12
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Slave Transport for Neutral Extra at (Position of RedHunted) facing ((Facing of RedHero) + 180.00) degrees
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Unit - Order RedTransport to Load RedHero
    • Unit - Order RedHero to Force Board RedTransport
    • Wait 3.00 seconds
    • Unit Group - Add RedTransport to Transport
    • Unit - Order RedTransport to Move To (Center of Ship <gen>)
    • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Position of RedTransport) for 2.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%)
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of Player 1 (Red)) + has been captured)

Problem is becouse of waits and last created unit.
Particularly uncertain about:
Unit - Order RedHero to Force Board RedTransport
Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Transport
P.s. I have edited

Level 12
Thing like last created unit, killing unit, casting unit, etc do not work after waits.
P.s. I have edited my last post.

Level 4
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Slave Transport for Neutral Extra at (Position of RedHunted) facing ((Facing of RedHunted) + 180.00) degrees
    • Unit - Order RedTransport to Load RedHunted
    • Unit - Order RedHunted to Force Board RedTransport
    • Wait 3.00 seconds
    • Unit - Order RedTransport to Move To (Center of SlaversShip <gen>)
Ok, i've removed the wait commands except the last one because i want a pause before 'redTransport' begins to move...
This still doesn't work...

• Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Slave Transport for Neutral Extra at (Position of RedHunted) facing ((Facing of RedHunted) + 180.00) degrees
    • Unit - Order RedTransport to Load RedHunted
    • Unit - Order RedHunted to Force Board RedTransport
    • Wait 3.00 seconds
    • Unit - Order RedTransport to Move To (Center of SlaversShip <gen>)
Ok, i've removed the wait commands except the last one because i want a pause before 'redTransport' begins to move...
This still doesn't work...

Unit - Order RedHunted to Force Board RedTransport

isn't it the other way?

Unit - Order RedTransport to Force Board RedHunted

Level 4
Is it? that says that the transport tries to board onto the hero...
... but i'll still try that

Edit:nope.... still won't board the transport

Status
Not open for further replies.