• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why does this trigger not create floating text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a trigger I made Thats supposed to read through my variables and output text above some circles of power. It currently Does not Put the text anywhere on the map.

• Hero Selection Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to eou_NumberOfClassSelectionRing, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set ClassSelectionRingPoints[(Integer A)] = (Position of ClassSelectionRings[(Integer A)])
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ClassFloatingText[(Integer A)] at ClassSelectionRingPoints[(Integer A)] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (10.00%, 100.00%, 10.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to eou_NumberOfHeros, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set HeroSelectionRingPoints[(Integer A)] = (Position of HeroSelectionRings[(Integer A)])
If I tell the Floating text to be created at the Center Of playable Map, Then it works fine. I should note that The circles are on a cliff that is 2090-Z But that doesnt appear to matter.

I am using JassnewgenPack5b or d not sure which, I believe you only require UMSWE to open the map though.

PS: How do I resolve a Thread? My other Post I fixed the Circle of powers.

This is something I can't understand... Why can't a user close/mark as solved his own thread so people won't wander in?

Because sadly, most users don't know how to use the tags right.
Also, even if a problem is solved, you can always go in and add to what the person said.
Plus, sometimes, a user might mark his thread as solved while the information given by the users is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.