• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why does Illidan's weapon has a pandaren symbol on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have been curious about this and I haven't found any
answer on google. Let us make a theory on how the earth that
symbol has to appear in Illidan's weapon.

~ Maybe, Illidan is so evil that he is capable of killing panda's,
showing the world that he is the only monster capable of doing so.
:ogre_rage:

Level 37
What is WWF?

This logo could tell you something:

wwf.jpg

Level 7
Oh, cool. Lol, stupid of me of thinking he was a part of wrestling :))

Well, that answers my question. In that symbol, we found that
it really has a deep meaning. Thanks everyone.

@amp
LOL SAME

Level 9
I agree with Ken-E, Illidan's first warglaives were given to him most probably by his master (who may have been a panda or a druid of some kind) who trained him to be a demon master.

The Azzinoth warglaives appear to illidan only in WoW and they don't have the panda sign anymore (also they are green). So sorry, Sky green, but you are wrong.

Level 14
Because the designer liked panda's. True story.

The designer (Samwise Didier or smthing like that) is considered like a panda bear at officer in Blizzard... because he is large and very loving. And for his daughter's birthday (or Christmas) card he drew a panda family... and when the staff saw that they attached the panda image to him. Now the panda is his trademark, and it appears on a demon hunter's glaives and it's from where they inspired to create the Pandaren Brewmaster. Nothing more then an in-house joke.

Level 12
If you look closely at Illidan in Warcraft III, you will notice that at least one of his blades has the face of a panda painted on it (Samwise Didier's trademark). One place it can be seen clearly is in the cut scene in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne at the end of the Night Elf campaign when Illidan says goodbye to Tyrande and Malfurion

You're right, it's just WC3 Samwise Didier's trademark, but seriously, why did they change it. PANDA RULEZ!

Level 12
as you guys know
aurius the pure (paladin) have a book that is writting "SAM" (some blizzard member)
and kobold has "sammy" face as mask
pure blizzard jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.