• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Illidan + Metamorphosis problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
[SOLVED] Illidan + Metamorphosis problem

I got the following problem: in my map the Demon Hunter hero (aka Illidan) has the Metamorphosis (how original) ultimate ability, but with some differences. One of the differences is that the metamorphed model is not that default black thing, but instead is the Illidan(evil) model (with horns wings and fire footsteps).

The problem is that I've found that the black default model is not a model itself but is like embedded bot Illidan and Illidan(evil) models, using the "Alternate" versions of his animations. So even his metamorphed model being Illidan(evil), it ends up showing the black default model.

What I need is a way to go around it. I'd like to avoid triggering this because it could have lots of interactions to be covered like dispel, death/resurrection, stats. But if someone has a simple and effective way of triggering it please tell.

Would it be crazy just to ask the in the model request sections for someone to edit both models and remove the "Alternate" animations, model etc? I know nothing about model editing so I don't know if it's possible or a retarded request so...

EDIT: Issue solved. I don't know how to close the thread, or if I CAN close it so... idk

Last edited:
Level 6
I'd recommend scrapping the "Metamorphosis" ability all together, and making a new ability based on Druid of the Claw's "Bear Form" ability. This ability lets you change to an entirely new unit, so just make two units (normal Illidan and Metamorphosed Illidan) and then you can set this within the ability. Set the alternate form unit to Metamorphosed Illidan and the normal form unit to regular Illidan and it should work to the same effect.

Level 11
I edited this spell once, I used it on Maiev and made her transform to Vengeance, and there was no bugs.. Maybe you should try to base your hero (illidan) on a different one and change it's model to illidan's? Then give him your modified Meta.

Level 2
I'd recommend scrapping the "Metamorphosis" ability all together, and making a new ability based on Druid of the Claw's "Bear Form" ability. This ability lets you change to an entirely new unit, so just make two units (normal Illidan and Metamorphosed Illidan) and then you can set this within the ability. Set the alternate form unit to Metamorphosed Illidan and the normal form unit to regular Illidan and it should work to the same effect.

It is a good idea but he still plays the "Alternate" animation and becomes the black model... Also tried Avatar spel, same thing. I think they work kind of the same way...

Edited models like you wanted can be done in "Simple Model Workshop" it is useful
Link: Simple Model Workshop

Ok, I'll make the request, thanks :thumbs_up:

Level 11
Does that spell you are using (be it Metamorph or Druid of the Bear) have any lines at the beginning that say "Alternate"?

I know that both the Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Thrones Illidan models have their alternate Metamorphosis models with their own models.

What you could try to do is delete all Alternate tags both from the spells and the units themselves (they should have those tags somewhere before the part where you edit their attack damage in the Object Editor).

Level 23
You misunderstood the spell.

The unit you set is what Illidan will morph into(which unit, same concept as bear form/crow form), and then, when he morphs into that unit, he additionally receives alternative tag for all of his animations, and if you go check, all Illidan's model have Alternative tag on attack, death, walk, stand etc, so it plays these animations.

You have to edit the model to remove the alternative animations, or copy the nonalternative into alternative, if the game crashes(no idea what happens when you try to play nonexisting animation on unit via meta)

Level 2
Solved

Hi, thanks everyone for their answers. Fact is the spell calls the alternate animations by default no matter what you do. I asked the Simple Model Workshop as @Fang said and @Kaizer edited Illidan(evil) model and removed those animations. Worked as expected so... Problem solved.

Thanks everyone for the answers! :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.