• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture unwrapping problem on Illidan model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi all, I wanted to use this new Illidan model of Ujimasa Hojo thanks to its demon form being textured as the base model. But I also wanted to apply Darkholme's awesome Illidan skin to it. I did and most of the part it worked, and now demon form also has that skin too. But I experienced some issues with it which I need help about.

this is what happened after I changed the textures with darkholme's one. Model looks good from the front but wings and back of the hair has some issues. Ujimasa changed the wrapping on the wings and that caused this problem. When I mentioned this to him he said that skin is based on the Demon Hunter texture and not the Evil Illidan texture, he's right, but the thing is, Darkholme's skin works very good with original EvilIllidan model.

Well I don't get much from these stuff so if someone can do this for me I'd be appreciated. Even though Its supposed to be easy:\

Attachments

• IllidanStormrageHybrid-V1.02.mdx
    303.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Illidan.blp
    282.3 KB · Views: 45
Level 21
Try this. I don't know if it's noticeable in game (I didn't test it), I had to stretch the texture to cover the upper part of the wings.

Also, don't bump your thread if it hasn't gone without activity for the duration of 48 hours or more (Site Rules), and don't expect replies immediately. It can take days, or even weeks before you get a helpful reply.

Attachments

• IllidanStormrageHybrid-V1.02 - New.mdx
    301.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Illidan.blp
    282.3 KB · Views: 38
Level 8
Try this. I don't know if it's noticeable in game (I didn't test it), I had to stretch the texture to cover the upper part of the wings.

Also, don't bump your thread if it hasn't gone without activity for the duration of 48 hours or more (Site Rules), and don't expect replies immediately. It can take days, or even weeks before you get a helpful reply.

Oh sorry, I didn't know about that rule. I'll be more patient next time and thanks for the warning.
Anyway model looks just as I need it to be! Both in magos and ingame. Thanks again, +rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.