• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Why does Hive love ponies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
its just a good show, and the makers of the show isn't so bad after all unlike G1 upto G3, this G4 is actually funny and great at the same time, you should watch it. it won't make you gay or else. go here Thread

and not all hive users like the show, and
it will be closed because of incoming rages,flames,trolls,etc. you get the point

Level 27
Magtheridon96, you're not a boss of me.

Well see, let me explain this simply to you. There was some cartoon about a sucky thing, made by a pretty talented person, Lauren Faust. As we all know, there are no dull stories, only dull writers. So she made the cartoon pretty good, and there were a few episodes in cartoon that were "worth" becomming a meme (Derpy Hooves and "20% cooler" thing), and so people did made a meme out of it. The MLP meme turned out to be pretty fertile, and so more and more jokes and pictures dedicated to ponies appeared every day. So see, it's not the cartoon that makes the ponies so popular. It's the meme, and cartoon is just fuel for the meme.

And we, in the TRAP, are not, by the way, the pony haters, we are pony meme haters who are bored of this meme and want it to be gone. That's all I wanted to say.

P.S. You know, if you really wanted to ask that, you could have asked it in pony thread - no need in additional threads about same topic.

EDIT: So to simply answer your question, there is a one large meme based on the ponies, and quite a lot of people here enjoy it, despite it exists for like half a year alredy.

Level 22
I have to agree meme's are a little bit too much. I was never fan of meme's nor am I know. Maybe because there isn't discussion about the episodes the only 'discussion; is posting some pics. And the show doesn't need memes to be awesome.

Dont blame the show or people who watch it, blame 4chan/ponychan whatever. Bronies is also their term, silly meme creator - that's right fuck those who did all these memes. Why do you think I didn't register and I dont even visit 4chan/ponychan/poniboru/deviantart? Because I like the show not the 12304934934 memes, even though some are funny. But memes and Wallpaper are completely diff things. I use a pony wallpaper <3 More episodes discussion and less memes.

Level 11
Anyone knows why?

Why do people like chocolate?

Generally because its nice, good, worthwhile, etc. The community is very anti-trolling oriented and very optimistic. For the depressed like me, this helps a lot. The show itself has very good animation and a refreshing plot in comparison to other shows today. Also, Hasbro gives back to the community, either by allowing bronies to ask questions, taking in feedback (Derpy), and/or adding things in commercials.
(Hasbro's new commercial includes a 20% cooler text under Celestia.)

I myself am a fan of the show first, the community second. I watched the show and quite a few of the episodes before I found out about Equestria Daily and Tumblr blogs. Though I lack EqD and Tumblr accounts, I check the sites fairly often.

they are called bronies for some reason, and everyone who embraces this "cult" is a pedophile to the highest degree!

They're not pedophiles. However, they do have a tendency to make obscene images often referred to as 'clopics'. It should be noted that this is a general statement. Not all bronies fap to ponies, most simply watch the show for the show itself.

what happened to ducks and peons and fsjal

Fads die. Ponies has more of a 'cult' following, as they have 'Brony meetups' and such and have created a large community, whereas ducks and what not lacked this.

Level 26
personally I'm not really a fan of those memees neither, because they are simply overused now, but I still like most of the fan arts, like those games in development or the music that people made.
Oh and I also like the cartoon, because it is far above average of what you can see nowadays (I mean: who loves Hannah Montanna or how all those shitty children shows are called) + it is one of those few cartoons that I know that include adult humor.

Level 14
personally I'm not really a fan of those memees neither, because they are simply overused now, but I still like most of the fan arts, like those games in development or the music that people made.
Oh and I also like the cartoon, because it is far above average of what you can see nowadays (I mean: who loves Hannah Montanna or how all those shitty children shows are called) + it is one of those few cartoons that I know that include adult humor.

This.

Level 22
I don't like ponies nor the pony memes. I don't watch any cartoons in general. When I want to watch something, I watch a movie.

[reaction="http://th09.deviantart.net/fs51/150/f/2009/312/b/1/Rick_Astley_fsjal_by_akatsuki_girl88.png"]THE ARMY OF FSJAL SHALL REIGN ONCE MORE![/reaction]

Level 22
(I mean: who loves Hannah Montanna or how all those shitty children shows are called) + it is one of those few cartoons that I know that include adult humor.

There is even worse, Disney channel and Cartoon Network left completely retarded shows on the air, I remember there were some fun ones like Samurai Jack oh wait they still air this one, well its from the few remaining but others are crap.

Level 7
This mustn't be closed.

Anyways, why people love ponies? Because you can ride them.

Why people love MLP? They don't. Everybody hates My Little pony (considering the original G1 MLP).

Why people love MLP FIM? Now, because of the huge amount of great humor, background and overall memes in the show being used over and over again. They like it because of the community. They love it because of the huge amount of fanfics, fancompositions and fanpics. They love it because Lauren Faust made it.

Level 27
Oh come on people, grow up, that cartoon may be worth watching it no matter what your age is (I myself watched it, and I'd say it's nothing special - pretty good cartoon, but nothing fancy), but... making a cult of it with all these avatars and memes... isn't that a bit too much?

Level 11
Oh come on people, grow up, that cartoon may be worth watching it no matter what your age is (I myself watched it, and I'd say it's nothing special - pretty good cartoon, but nothing fancy), but... making a cult of it with all these avatars and memes... isn't that a bit too much?

shrugpony_lyra_by_moongazeponies-d3cvk1c.png

I call it a cult as people make stuff like this:

Though this is probably an extreme example (as you're going to find stuff like this with pretty much everything) its still.... odd.
Also, those that make OCs often get caught... doing odd things in chats.

But, meh, people have creepy fetishes.

Level 5
yes my brothers let us pick up our forks and knives and lay the ponies to rest at the bottom of our food bowl... and btw... "foek you vail and foek you dofeen" -southpark - whalewhores

and on the topic of revolution, we can just spam and attack the pony thread until it is forced into dismal disintegration, then let us steel every ones left shoe and start a donkey thread
funny0152.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I must admit, I would probably have gotten into it anyway, being the sucker that I am for good animation and adult-humor in kids shows (i.e. early Spongebob, Phineas & Ferb (IMO)). However, I wouldn't have gotten as involved as I am were it not for the online community; I'm kinda a big fan of memes, and this whole "pony" thing just touches something delightful inside me.

... Wow, that sounded gay. :p

Wow this thread went to derp really freaking fast

People like ponies for a number of reasons:
-the show's good on multiple bases (animation, music, humor, etc.)
-the community's friendly (as opposed to most internet communities)
-they like the products of the fandom so far (art, music, etc. etc.)
-they like the sort of "freedom" it provides to normal internet stereotypes of what the typical person can and cannot like, sort of like "making a statement" for some people

All in all, there's a number of reasons to like it
It's not really a meme so much anymore but a community, and of course if you don't want to be a part of that you can always just enjoy the show itself

What it's not:
-Pedophilia: liking a cartoon makes you a pedophile apparantly? What about South Park? Or Ugly Americans? Why put a double standard on this cartoon specifically if the target age is for a younger audience, show producers work to make their shows appealing for all audiences, typically in this case children and their parents, so why can't someone who's like 18 like it? People can like things without it being fetish related, that's something the internet constantly forgets.
-Homosexuality: Just because someone likes ponies doesn't mean that they're gay, or vice versa. That's honestly a pretty stupid assumption with no real base, if anything it just seems to stem from the societal notion to call anything that someone doesn't like "gay."
-Gay Pedophile: speaking of assumptions with no real bases, if you'd pay attention to what you're saying there you'd realize that is a really, really stupid accusation that contradicts itself.

For some people they like it as a meme, IE because it's cool - but these guys normally aren't that devoted and get bored of it quickly enough though.

So no, it's not just a reiteration of Fsjal, it's not a fetish subculture and it's not a meme.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Heck, Homestruck fan trolls have been around for how long now and no one's complaining about them

Level 5
bloody hell... there are as many people for ponies as there are people against them... we just need to pick up our guts and have and anti pony thread as well...
screw it! close this thread, i am starting an anti poni thread!

Okay how about you look at it like this:
-See all the people supporting ponies?
-See all the people bagging on them?

Who seems like nicer people to hang around with?

@Harmjanz

Anti-threads are stupid and a waste of yours and anyone who posts them's time, you seriously want to devote time and effort to something you hate? On top of that I can almost guaranty it'll get closed for flaming very quickly (not because it's anti-pony, but because anti threads in general just lead to flaming and tons of pointless arguing).

Level 5
point is this: even if there are a thousand people committing suicide with a wrench, doesn't mean I am gonna be as stupid as to search for the nearest hardware store...

Status
Not open for further replies.