• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do people flame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Topic moved due to belonging here and not in discussions as it does not deal with gameplay, only stupid morons.

I believe that people flame due to:
  1. Thinking people think it looks cool
  2. Respect
  3. Annoy people
  4. 2 second attention span
  5. Anti-authourity
  6. Idiots
  7. "Friends" to keep impressed
  8. Think it is funny

Level 6
"Flamers" think they are cool and so they avoid discussions which they would loose :)

Don't think about such kids... ignoring is one way and baring the other :twisted:

Level 21
Dan: The Hive! Hear me! It is true, what many of you have heard. The flamers have gathered an army, and as I speak that army is drawing nearer to our home.
Crowd (DD, Dennis, Rasmus, Ryann, Thorsten, Thure, William and Matt…and [you] of course :p ): [whispers]
Dan: Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our fear of it! I stand here before you now, truthfully unafraid. Why? Because I believe something you do not? No! I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me, but because of the path that lies behind me! I remember that for 100 days we have fought these flamers. I remember that for 100 days they have sent their armies to destroy us. And after a century of war, I remember that which matters most. We are still here!
Crowd (DD, Dennis, Rasmus, Ryann, Thorsten, Thure, William and Matt… and [you] of course :p ): [cheers and applause]
Tonight let us send a message to that army. Tonight let us shake this cave! Tonight let us tremble these halls of earth, steel, and stone! Let us be heard from red core to black sky. Tonight, let us make them remember. This is The Hive! And we are not afraid!
Crowd (DD, Dennis, Rasmus, Ryann, Thorsten, Thure, William and Matt…and [you] of course :p ): [thunderous cheers and applause]

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
[you] is like a flower,
a rose to be exact,
Or maybe like a brand new gate
that never comes unlatched.
[you] is like an owl,
both beautiful and wise.
Or perhaps [you] is like a ghost,
whose spirit never dies.
[you] is like a heart that goes
strong until the end.
Where would we be in this world
if we didn't have [you].

What about that one?

Level 4
lol i am the favorite one!
Also flamers are just sad people show have no social lives and have nothing better to do. My friend is one and insists that i walk over to his computer in information tech to read the latest insualts. Personaly i couldn't really care less. If people want to sit around and bag other people then let them, it's not your fault if their a retard.

Level 11
Its really starting to wear me down, everywhere i go there are people who say harmful things just because they can, without any consideration of the circumstance or the mental or emotional stability of those they direct it to.

The Internet it seems has been abused no end by the immature or careless, for no better reason than the fact that they can abuse it. There are websites full of ready made truths, groups and organizations dedicated to harassing people over the internet people goading for the slow and painful death of another...... over a three minute flash movie.

I don't want to get dragged into this world, so I've decided to blog less, chat less, post less and generally ask for peoples opinion less often.

to put it quite simply.... I've run out of faith.

Level 9
Flaming in the right place (like on websites with dedicated flame threads) is a nice way to relax and unwind, after a particularly stressful online encounter because you realize that anyone who walks in there, knows that they can expect to be Flamed, Barbequed, and have their hair set on the Hellfire. I also believe in my experience, that most people really don't know how to flame, all they do is whine really. So and so did this, they called me a flaming turd! Waaaah!!

Flaming people is the nice way of telling them your peeved without venting your frustration/anger/and inabillity to get your idea through their thick skulls in more disaterous ways.

Like: What I've started to call Internet Rage extremes I've had a few friends tell me about the problems they were experiencing with some people, that invoked this Internet Rage.

-I believe the root of the problem was because the game sites they were on refused to let them vent their anger with flames-

Instead they vented another way by: Finding out the person's real identity and Filed police reports about how so and so blackmailed and committed extortion & defrauded them in some RPG game.

Honestly, I would much rather have had the whole incident been a flame thing, where the 2 parties just flamed each other to death than what happened to my peeved friend. He ended up serving a day of jail time for filing multiple 'false' reports.

Level 9
But I'm sorry I deviated from the topic, Why do people flame?

People flame ie. Mudsling because they're peeved at what the other person did, a perceived wrong, and they retaliate with words instead of a real punch in the face.

Now there's flaming, and then there's idiot flaming, idiot flaming is the idiot that flames you because he didn't like your work, so he says he doesn't like it, in fact he hates it, and he'll never tell you exactly why.

Idiot flaming is probably more inline with non-constructive critisism than actual flaming.

Why do people non-constructive critisize?
I think it's easier that way. You don't like something about a game someone made so you tell them cuss, cuss, cuss, stupid, cuss, bad, cuz u stipd, don't like it or hate it.

Now it takes genuine thought to say, 'I didn't like this because this tower got in my way, and I got stuck and couldn't move, then I died and lost the game, and that's why.

Level 21
indeed it can seem that flaming is a cancer that spread throughout the internet and destroys many things. however i do not think this will happen here because our management is very strict, and although i can see what Matt is saying i dont think he should be descouraged from posting here because we wont spam or flame (or at least we attempt to keep it to a minimum.)

Level 3
I like flamers.
Really, i do.
As long as they burn nids, orks, chaos and other stuff.

But i dont like stupid insults in games.
Its pointless.
When i see a flamer, i just wanna show him my flamer.
That is mostly nice.
Sure my Monitor is mostly crap afte that nut it works.

Sorry for the STUPID word-joke and writing like a retard, but it had to be.
Oh and nice Speech "General"

Status
Not open for further replies.