• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Why did THW just rick roll me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I clicked on the Models archive to have a look, and to my surprise i hear what sounded like beaker going "mi mi mi, mi mi" followed by rick astley, with no way to stop it. I had nothing else open and at the bottom of the browser read something like it was opening a source from youtube. :ugly: WHAT IS THIS DEVIL'S WORK?

Level 9
Yes, for some reason I do get that actually, with this song which actually represents "rick-rolling". This weird glitch does happen a couple of times, with the Muppets otherwise. This is happen during my previous scrolling on the models, however it only happens occasionally.

Eventually, I tried it today and it didn't happen now, but I have experienced it before. Not sure how this got there in the first place too.

Level 15
hahaha this discussion is funny :p
It's just a 404 error... :p

Ok its happening everytime i scroll through the models section now. whether its the pending models or whatever "MI MI MIMIII MIIIII" followewd by rick astley's manly pipes. normally i wouldnt mooind but this is just getting wawy out of hand now, whenever im on the older comp i have to download the page. GET IT OUT OF MY LIFE, I LOVE YOU TOO RICK BUT I'M ONLY ONE MAN.

It's not a 404 error, here's whatsit lewks lyke.

Attachments

• rick.JPG
    rick.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 162
Level 7
voidSkipper Sayz:

The youtube embed is on the server's 404 document. It is coming up because there is for some reason an iframe open that is supposed to load hiveworkshop.com/width=0, which does not exist. If you adblock the following URL

http://www.youtube.com/v/3KANI2dpXLw&hl=en&autoplay=1&loop=1

You can prevent it from coming up without blocking the rest of youtube.

Personally I would say that the rickroll is more pleasant than the apparent alternative.

Level 12
Don't worry, you'll get used to being rickrolled after awhile. I've got the lyrics in my head..

Never gunna give u up! never gunna let you down!

Edit: Right click and click play a few times, it gets interesting (for what hell_raider linked)

Last edited:
Level 22
Iz epic. Muzt keep eet.

Seriously, it's kinda nice to replace that boring 404 - Page not found error with something else, and what better alternative is there than Rick Astley????

Status
Not open for further replies.