• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why can't i import a tree model file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Always i import the model, but when i go change in OE (object editor>"Random tree">model file>imported>war3imported....>ok) and enter in game there is nothing there, just a shadow on ground but nothing about tree.
How to import and USE a tree in game?

Level 14
Change the "Variations" to 1 and "Replaceable Textures ID" to 0.
importtree.jpg

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

You also need to set lightweight to false, usually.
Default trees have set it to true, if you use a tree as base for the custom one.

Level 4
You also need to set lightweight to false, usually.
Default trees have set it to true, if you use a tree as base for the custom one.

lightweight is where? I did the two steps and it didn't work yet. I have to create a custom tree? i am trying to re-model ashenvale to another tree model.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Press CTRL+D in the Object Editor, then search for lightweight.
This applies when modifiying destructibles, for example adding a custom model.

If it is about a model, attaching it could be helpful.

Level 4
Alright, i am just delaying the real objective... Because i think it is too noob don't know how to do but lets go...
What i want is a complete tutorial of how to import a tree model, and what i mean with import i mean the same thing as importing a unit model, replace Ashenvale (example) trees in game with other model. It isn't simple like importing a unit model (import>custompath>replace unit model for the new custom model), if you do this as any unit model it wont work, why? and not only why, how? how can i use other tree model to the map replacing ashenvale (notes: when i say replace ashenvale is because there is ashenvale trees around, if it was any unit and i edit it model they change in game too, samething i want to do to trees). Is it possible? no? how it works?

EDIT: WOOOOOOOOOOW, JUST CHANGED THE LIGHTWEILDSKOKP AND IT WORKED! HAHA YOU FREAKING BITCHS KNOW EVEYRTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.