• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Tree model import : FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys... I downloaded Civilization Landscape Pack which contains several tree models i intended to use. So i imported them, changed the paths to the correct ones mentionned in the readme file and created a new tree with one of the new models, but they aren't working (display a green cube in the editor and only a shadow in Warcraft III.

What i observed from my tests :

1 - I Checked the path of the imported file as a wrong texture path was frequently the cause of such bugs. No succes.

The extract of the readme file :

Oak Tree

Filesize: 79.49 KB

Filenames: Tree_Oak.mdx, WotKPlants.blp

Paths:

• WotKPlants.blp

The paths of the files in my map :
- war3mapImported\Tree_Oak.mdx
- WotKPlants.blp

2 - I thought that maybe there was a conflict with another imported model, but the bug is still here in the test map where only 1 imported tree model is present.

- Delete all files, Restart World Editor, computer and import again, then save and restart everything. Still not working

- I can see the model working perfectly in the little «preview» screen when editing the model line in the object editor, but when i put the new tree on the map, i only get a green cube in the editor and a shadow in Warcraft 3.

Tree import test.png

5 - There are no problems when i use a doodad instead of a tree. Is the bug really coming from some obscure destructible/tree properties ??

I apology if my question is stupid or if i missed something obvious but i really don't know what to do... Is their no way to make it work for a tree ?

I included a test map if you want to test things.

I'm awaiting the knight in shinning armor that will save me !!!

Attachments

• Tree import Test map.w3x
    80.2 KB · Views: 19
Level 11
In the Object Editor, set the number of variations to 1 (Art - Model File - Variations = 1 / Infographie - Fichier modèle - Variations = 1) and it should be working

Level 1
Changing both fields in the object editor made the trees display properly in war3 and in the worldeditor ! Thank you guys for your answers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.