• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why are the Maps created by me or downloaded not displayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, as the title says, the maps created by me or even those downloaded do not appear to select within Warcraft in the respective folders where I put them, for a long time. That happened before only with some maps specifically with those created by me (on different computers). On this computer having version 1.24, but then when updating to version 1.26a, none of them appear directly created or downloaded and I have no idea why. Any solution?
Greetings.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello Hermit, thanks for commenting, but some maps that I download even from here already come with short names and anyway they don't appear in the map selection menu.
What else could be failing ????????

Level 21
I don't know how many characters is too long, so you should make the names as short as possible. Also, make sure the names only use the English alphabet and the maps are in the correct folder. The default location is:

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\

Last edited:
Level 21
You could check regedit entries (win key+r type in "regedit"):

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\

i think older wc3 installations (i'm on the newest patch) had some game/map path set up there?!

Level 2
A] mun thanks for the tool, but I followed the whole procedure and nevertheless the maps made by me or downloaded are still not shown.
Will I have to reinstall Warcraft? because I can't find another explanation.

Level 21
Well, when everything has been checked twice - what else is there?
Please share if reinstalling fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.