• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] White screen problem for some players? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I was hosting today my map, and 2 players reported having a completely white screen of the terrain and anything on it, and the second sent me a screenshot. He said he doesnt have this problem with other maps.He also said that his minimap is green when switched on
What might it be? I never before seen such a issue.
Do61JIr.jpg

Last edited:
Level 12
Ok. Well unfortunately these issues are not abnormal, nor does they seem to explain this issue they encountered.
Have you asked the players with this glitch about their systems (Mac, Windows ?).

It seems you didn't get an educated answer besides mine in spite of the views, so it seems it isn't a common problem.

Maybe someone with more experience would have an idea (we never know).
@Dr Super Good : have you ever seen anything like that ?

Level 13
Thanks to @deepstrasz I could take a look at your map code for myself and noticed that you are using a Terrain Fog function with invalid parameters within CameraZoom init function.
JASS:
//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_CameraZoom takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger trig = CreateTrigger()
    local integer i = 0
    loop
        exitwhen i == bj_MAX_PLAYERS
        call TriggerRegisterPlayerChatEvent(trig, Player(i), "-zoom ", false)
        set i = i + 1
    endloop
    call TriggerAddCondition(trig, Condition(function gg_trg_CameraZoom_Conditions))

call SetTerrainFogExBJ( 0, 10000000.00, 1000000.00, 0.5, 100, 100, 100 )
endfunction
Either remove that line or change its parameters to something different where the second parameter should be smaller than the third one. Like this
call SetTerrainFogExBJ( 0, 19900., 20000., 0.5, 100, 100, 100 ) // Even though this makes no sense lol

Last edited:
Level 12
Indeed that seems the be the cause.

Just a note about the parameters :
The maximum farZ distance for the camera is 10,000.0, so no need to use 10,000,000.0 like you did for zstart and zend, it might even cause issues.
First parameter is the style : 0="Linear", 1="exponential 1" and 2 = "exponential 2" IIRC.
The last parameter before the 3 color ones is the density.

You could indeed try to change z values to correct ones, and the density and color depending on what you want to achieve.
You could try 10,000.0 for z or maybe 0 for density if you want fog to disappear when your camera is zoomed out :)

By the way you could also replace the BJ function by the corresponding native as all it does is change the colors values :
JASS:
function SetTerrainFogExBJ takes integer style, real zstart, real zend, real density, real red, real green, real blue returns nothing
    call SetTerrainFogEx(style, zstart, zend, density, red * 0.01, green * 0.01, blue * 0.01)
endfunction

I suppose you could use this : SetTerrainFogEx(0, 10000.0, 10000.0, 0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0), thats what I use in my own map.

Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.