• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which way does priority work? And any Search tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My most sincere apologies, but the word "priority" is too hard to search for... it's in waaay to many posts. So other than my main question i would greatly appreciate some search tips.

But my main question: Does priority work from least to greatest or from greatest to least?

Every unit has a 'priority' value, which i believe serves to direct units toward targets during an aggressive attack (am i wrong about this?) and i want to know if anyone knows if 1 is the high (most important) 'priority' value or if it is the low (least important value).

Anybody know the answer?

Level 12
My most sincere apologies, but the word "priority" is too hard to search for... it's in waaay to many posts. So other than my main question i would greatly appreciate some search tips.

But my main question: Does priority work from least to greatest or from greatest to least?

Every unit has a 'priority' value, which i believe serves to direct units toward targets during an aggressive attack (am i wrong about this?) and i want to know if anyone knows if 1 is the high (most important) 'priority' value or if it is the low (least important value).

Anybody know the answer?

Instead of searching for an easy solution, why not test it out?

Make a bunch of priority 1 / 2 / 5 / 8 units. Set them on the battlefield against your army of 1's and 2's. Clash them. See which ones they attack first/etc.

I didn't get to testing it on my map yet because I've been busy, but this is how I planned to.

Level 4
If this helps anyone priority doesn't seem to affect normal combat, but i still don't know exactly what it does. I think it may have something to do with AI, but i'd need an expert to tell me. It also might affect auto-cast targets, but anyone else's guess is as good as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.