• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

questions about attack priority, trainloop , creating contamination, attack/move with regions ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
how does value priority work ? it goes from 0 - 20 .... if a unit0 is under attack of 2 units and unit1 has value priority 5 and unit2 has value priority 10 .... which unit does unit0 attack ?

i want to create a trainloop but i tried 2 trigger and nothing worked ....
  • Ereignisse
  • Einheit - A unit owned by Spieler 1 (Rot) Vollendet die Ausbildung einer Einheit
  • Bedingungen
  • ((Triggering unit) is Ein Gebäude) Gleich True
  • Aktionen
  • Einheit - Order (Summoning unit) to train/upgrade to a (Trained unit-type)
  • Ereignisse
  • Einheit - A unit Vollendet den Bau
  • Bedingungen
  • Aktionen
  • Einheit - Order (Triggering unit) to train/upgrade to a (Unit-type of (Trained unit))
and i want to have a trigger which create contamination on the ground if a unit dies (units classification is undead) but it should be still possible for a building to stand on both normal and contamination ground ... can someone help me with this ?

i got a working trigger which let a unit which enter region 1 move and attack the center of region 2 and i want them to move more in the middle .... would it be enough to create action after action using " Einheit - Order(triggering unit) to Angreifen/bewegen nach (Center of Region 2)" and this with some regions more to create a way where they should walk and attack everything on the way ? but how could i keep a selection clear and move again trigger ( which works) alive if i have more than just a start and end region to move in ?(should i post the working triggers too?¿)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I think priority only goes into effect when looking for a target (target acquisition). Once a target is found then priority does not matter as the unit will keep attacking the chosen target until death, in which case another target acquisition step is run.
i want to create a trainloop but i tried 2 trigger and nothing worked ....
Periodic trigger that picks all the buildings ever train period and orders it to train a new unit. Be careful of leaks, especially since some of the GUI functions have internal leaks.

and i want to have a trigger which create contamination on the ground if a unit dies (units classification is undead) but it should be still possible for a building to stand on both normal and contamination ground ... can someone help me with this ?
Not sure what the mechanics of contamination are. Maybe place a flying locus unit with a damage aura that does not path with the ground so does not stop buildings from being placed?

i got a working trigger which let a unit which enter region 1 move and attack the center of region 2 and i want them to move more in the middle .... would it be enough to create action after action using " Einheit - Order(triggering unit) to Angreifen/bewegen nach (Center of Region 2)" and this with some regions more to create a way where they should walk and attack everything on the way ? but how could i keep a selection clear and move again trigger ( which works) alive if i have more than just a start and end region to move in ?(should i post the working triggers too?¿)
Not sure what you are after. Getting units to walk in straight lines is near impossible as the path finder in WC3 has minor nuances that cause units to have minor zigzag movement in certain conditions.

You can try lowering the entry rect sizes so units have to be more in the middle to fire the entry event.

Status
Not open for further replies.