• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

create contamination with death of unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i want to create at the position of dying unit a little circle of contamination but i have no idea how to , maybe someone is so nice to give me this trigger if yes thank you very much!

Level 2
unit dies -> at this position create undead land (and this in a circle around this dead unit and not in a square )

Level 11
unit dies -> at this position create undead land (and this in a circle around this dead unit and not in a square )
it's called blight. You may create dummy unit and add it ability like undead constructions have to blight circle region after building. After unit death you spawn one dummy unit with blight ability and it is done.
Remember - blight is visible only on some tiles. Tiles like road, rock etc doesn't show the blight.

Level 2
You can use this in the Trigger.
  • Environment - Create Blight for (Player) from (Position) to a radius of (Size)

so my trigger looks like this now :

• Event
  • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • ((Dying Unit) is undead) equal true
  • Actions
  • Environment - create Blight for Spieler 1 (Rot) across(Region centered at (Position of (Dying unit)) with size(3.00, 3.00)))
so this would just create blight for player 1 units which are undead and does it work for units with more than 1 classification too ?

Level 14
so my trigger looks like this now :

• Event
  • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • ((Dying Unit) is undead) equal true
  • Actions
  • Environment - create Blight for Spieler 1 (Rot) across(Region centered at (Position of (Dying unit)) with size(3.00, 3.00)))
so this would just create blight for player 1 units which are undead and does it work for units with more than 1 classification too ?
Probably. If you want to find a unit who's classified as Mechanical-Undead for example, use this condition.
  • Conditions
    • And - All (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • ((Dying unit) is Undead) Equal to True
        • ((Dying unit) is Mechanical) Equal to True

Level 12
Note that blight can't be placed on unbuildable terrain. I don't know what your map is like so that could be the problem.

Level 2
its mostly on the same lvl and naked with jst some grass so there is nearly nothing which is unbuildable
if the unit dies on the gras or bevel nothing happens ... it is dead but no blight

Status
Not open for further replies.