• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Which Video Game Should Become a Movie?

Which one?

• Halo

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Metroid

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Megaman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Devil May Cry

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Ninja Gaiden

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Diablo

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Unreal Tournament

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Starcraft

Votes: 21 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
It was quite terrible. I honestly felt sick after watching it.
They did an excellent job of ruining one of the best video game series ever.

Level 15
Was that a joke? Seriously, I mean, are you KIDDING? The Wii, believe it or not, is a GREAT system that I happen to love. It helps lazy people like me get a healthy 'workout', if you will, and have fun while doing it. If you don't like Nintendo, that's asses for you, but it's a great company that made some of the most legendary games of all time, specifically Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby... the list goes on and on. Nuff' said.

Level 15
Exactly. Instead of using lots of too-bright-that-it-makes-my-eyes-hurt lighting and shading and whatever the hell, it uses a lot more attractive graphics that compels me. For example, when I look at a shot of Twilight Princess, I feel like I'm actually there and that it's a real world.

Edit: And it's fun. Oh yes, it's REAL fun.

Level 34
Exactly. Instead of using lots of too-bright-that-it-makes-my-eyes-hurt lighting and shading and whatever the hell, it uses a lot more attractive graphics that compels me. For example, when I look at a shot of Twilight Princess, I feel like I'm actually there and that it's a real world.

Edit: And it's fun. Oh yes, it's REAL fun.
Are you kidding? Twilight princess is a step backwards in terms of graphics. I enjoyed the game, but the graphics were poor. Unless there is some way to turn graphics up that I don't know about.

Here's a comparison using two games that if I remember correctly, came out close enough together.
Twilight Princess: http://www.freewebs.com/nintendobible/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20050722113147141.jpg
Gears of War: http://www.game-savers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/gears-of-war-screenshot-_3.jpg

Twilight Princess was made for the Gamecube if I'm not mistaken.

The Wii does not seem to live up to the standards of PC, 360, or PS3 graphics wise. I'm not at all saying the Wii sucks, it's just not as hardware driven as the others (although I would never get a Wii unless it was cheap and I got Brawl).

Level 14
I agree that Wii's graphics probably aren't the best, but anything that gets fatass children to get up and actually move around gets my vote. It's actually genius if you think about it. Parents like it cause their children, who are only getting fatter, actually get up and move around at least a little, and children like it cause it's playing video games but they actually get to do something more than use their thumbs.

Also, it could possibly lift the self-esteem of children who might not actually be good at sports, but with Wii, they can at least pretend that they are good at sports. Though, it's probably not true, it was just an idea.

Level 15
It's not just about that... you're missing the point. It's actually FUN to play games on the Wii, and the Wii-mote adds a whole of interaction to the console. Twilight Princess was released for the Wii AND for the Gamecube.

Gilles, games are not all about graphics. Gears of War is GREAT. I loved it. But Zelda is also very popular, and was around for a LONG time. It's graphics are not bad or really 'out of date', and the gameplay is certainly fun. And let's not forget what the lineup of the 'big 3' is... Wii, Xbox 360, PS3. Wii blows the two away because it's just so popular. Nintendo did a great job with it, especially by making it playable by ALL audiences. Xbox 360 is awesome, especially with games like Halo 3 and Gears of War, and are suited to mostly older audiences. The PS3... well, it's biting the dust in last place, with few good games, it isn't really that worth of the over-priced buy.

Level 34
It's not just about that... you're missing the point. It's actually FUN to play games on the Wii, and the Wii-mote adds a whole of interaction to the console. Twilight Princess was released for the Wii AND for the Gamecube.

Gilles, games are not all about graphics. Gears of War is GREAT. I loved it. But Zelda is also very popular, and was around for a LONG time. It's graphics are not bad or really 'out of date', and the gameplay is certainly fun. And let's not forget what the lineup of the 'big 3' is... Wii, Xbox 360, PS3. Wii blows the two away because it's just so popular. Nintendo did a great job with it, especially by making it playable by ALL audiences. Xbox 360 is awesome, especially with games like Halo 3 and Gears of War, and are suited to mostly older audiences. The PS3... well, it's biting the dust in last place, with few good games, it isn't really that worth of the over-priced buy.
Did I say I didn't like Twilight Princess, or that graphics make games? I'm not missing the point, you're just not reading. I specifically said I don't think the Wii sucks, and was only refuting your statement about Twilight Princess having good graphics.

Level 15
Oh... right... well... yeah... My apologies on that one. On the point of graphics, Twilight Princess delivers very well. It's not necessarily out-dated. That's a misconception. The Unreal 3 Engine is very 'hardcore', if you will. But Twilight Princess has gorgeous graphics, despite not utilizing the Unreal 3 Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.