• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Which map should i finish....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys
I have a number of maps at various stages of completion. Here they are:

Fleet Wars: Quasi-melee map, where each player gets to build their own ships in a big island setting. Some stuff included such as using fish/whale schools as gold mines, submarines and ghost ships, triggered pirate NPC.

Flight to Rivendell: A quick fun map for 10 players, one player is Arwen and the rest are Ringwraiths. Chase arwen through the trees. Only trouble is, you're going so fast that if you get too close to a tree... SPLAT. Part of a LOTR multiplayer series i never finished...

Azure Hero Defence: A hero defence based in part upon the Azure Tower Defence map. Includes 25 totally custom heroes including 5 secret heroes only available to previous high scorers, 100 rounds of defence including 5 bonus rounds, and an area to face your heroes off every 5 minutes of game time.

Bort's Footman Wars: A fairly standard footman wars map, but with reasonably advanced AI (as footman wars goes). 7 Different races to tech to, incl Naga, Demons and Blood Elves, 25 custom heroes, and 5 game modes, including SuperFrenzy (spawn every 2 seconds!) and Mercy (to help those people on the bottom). Possibly moving to less standard layout with back entrances and more tactics. (searching original name)

X Tower Wars: A mazing tower wars map, 4 teams of 2, 12 different elements to build from, 36 creep types to send at your opponent. Again, need original name.

A Game of Thrones: In the game of thrones, you win or you die... 8 player map, each player controls a realm, choosing from 4 (adding more) races. You start with a town which you can upgrade and fortify, train more units etc, to fight it out against the other players. Alliances can be set (and broken!) mid game. Each starting point has special bonuses, for example having a higher defence yeild or producing food quicker. Armies rely on supplies so you can besiege enemy towns, cut off rivers from supply ships, lots of real medieval tactial maneuovers.

Last Alliance AOS: Recreates the Last Alliance battle from LOTR:TFOTR as an AOS. Each player gets a training house from which they can automatically spawn their own units, which can function perfectly without the player needing to control them. Both good and evil sides get 5 different army types (ie Human Knights, Goblins, Urak Hai or Elven Warriors) and each army type has its respective hero. Also are special named heroes (ie a Nazgul, Gandalf, Elendil or Saruman) for which the highest scoring player is awarded a password.

So, there it is, I'm crazy, but most of those maps are in the final stages of triggering and all thats left is the balancing of units. Grr the boring, timeconsuming bit... Which would you most like to see? Whichever seems most popular, anyone is welcome to help me finish/playtest.

=][= Bort

Level 6
yeah, i just finished the series (whats been written of it anyways) and thought that a nice cool tactical map could be made, for long strategic games, with all the backstabbing politics.
Mmmk footman wars 1 vote.

Level 9
Im gonna go with "The Game of Thrones"
It sounds more...challenging

like a game that is easy to play

but hard to master

well, thats what blizzard says about WC 3 anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.