• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which aspect of RTS do you like most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Honestly, it's because most (amazing) RTS games like Age of Empires II and Warcraft III have some way to create your own scenarios / maps. It's this creativity that keeps me coming back to these games and it's the reason why I've been playing Warcraft III for six or seven years.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
=P Hmm let's see... for me, it's that you can beat your enemies... strategically! Exception is made when sometimes it's easy to mass some unit and hard to mass its counter, so the counter becomes useless. Such a situation happens in SC2 with immortals and stalkers. If your enemy is massing stalkers and you went for a Waygate build, too bad, you have to go for Stalkers too and micromanage: robotics is too expensive, economically and time-wise.

In Wc3's particular case, I like it that I don't have to expand to be useful in the game. Just a few weeks ago I played a team melee where my allies expanded and had gryphons and whatnot, but I was still the one holding off the enemy with only my Alchemist, tauren chieftain, 1 or 2 tauren and few headhunters. We eventually lost, as one of my allies decided he'd sulk and afk midway (these ridiculous situations still happen, yes =P), but it was a bloody awesome game. This is a detail I like in WC3: you can be useful to your team no matter how small your forces are.

Level 14
=P Hmm let's see... for me, it's that you can beat your enemies... strategically! Exception is made when sometimes it's easy to mass some unit and hard to mass its counter, so the counter becomes useless. Such a situation happens in SC2 with immortals and stalkers. If your enemy is massing stalkers and you went for a Waygate build, too bad, you have to go for Stalkers too and micromanage: robotics is too expensive, economically and time-wise.

In Wc3's particular case, I like it that I don't have to expand to be useful in the game. Just a few weeks ago I played a team melee where my allies expanded and had gryphons and whatnot, but I was still the one holding off the enemy with only my Alchemist, tauren chieftain, 1 or 2 tauren and few headhunters. We eventually lost, as one of my allies decided he'd sulk and afk midway (these ridiculous situations still happen, yes =P), but it was a bloody awesome game. This is a detail I like in WC3: you can be useful to your team no matter how small your forces are.

I don't understand the logic behind acting like that. See, if I knew that I was going to lose in a WCIII match, I would just have fun with it and launch an all out assault against the enemy.

Level 22
You forgot the most important element of strategy camper mah friend, harassment. It's illegal in real life though.

Status
Not open for further replies.