• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where is my Vanilla World Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I hope I'm doing this the right way since it's my first time asking in the forums. Last January 29, 2020 I updated my game to Reforged and I know that they have merged the vanilla Warcraft to the Reforged one but I can't seem to access the "vanilla" World Editor. Whenever I open World Editor it goes directly to the Reforged World Editor. Does anybody here know how to open the original WE?

Level 5
I am also looking for a way to open the classic editor as well. Ill let you know if i can find anything

Level 9
It's launched from the Battle.Net Desktop App.

Sieppaa.PNG

Edit: Oh, did you mean the SD graphics? Open the Editor and go to File -> Preferences... -> Asset Mode and choose SD.

Level 2
Hello everyone, A good person told me how to change the graphics already. Here's how you do it:

1. Open the World Editor thru Battle.net

2. Ontop of it click "File"

3. Now look for Preference and select it.

4. On the Preference you will see the Asset mode selection; in it you can choose HD or SD

HD - Reforged Graphics

SD - Classic Graphics

5. Once you've done that click "Ok" and restart the editor.

And you're good to go! :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It was a nickname left over from the StarCraft remaster which kind of was in Standard Definition before the remaster. This term never applied to Warcraft III since Warcraft III supported high definition resolutions since launch. Internally it must have stuck around for a long time during development.

Technically the visual mode is "Classic" as opposed to the new visuals which are "Reforged". Both support high definition output unlike StarCraft or Diablo II which were locked to standard definition like resolutions (StarCraft64 existed).

Status
Not open for further replies.