• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where is Map Lua code used at runtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

I'm very new to coding in general, please excuse if I have any misunderstanding about how these things work.

From what I have read in other posts on this site, World Editor will change (compile?) all JASS code to Lua when using Lua as the base scripting language for a given map. Has anyone figured a way to see the post-compiled code to see the syntax used in Lua?

If this information were readily accessible, then new coders could better self-teach on rudimentary issues the same as what I have read some have done with the "Convert to custom script" function for JASS.

Cheers all!

From what I have read in other posts on this site, World Editor will change (compile?) all JASS code to Lua when using Lua as the base scripting language for a given map. Has anyone figured a way to see the post-compiled code to see the syntax used in Lua?
One can export the map's script inside world editor in menu file, which will be in the language one did setup, jass or Lua, but that create script file will be the total maps script not only one trigger. Or one can use a mpq editor and extract war3map.lua from the map.

Level 1
The total map export was what I was looking for. I can use ctrl + f to find a trigger quickly. This should greatly speed up the learning process, many thanks @Tasyen.

Status
Not open for further replies.