• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Changing scripting language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone,
I'm coming back to Wc3 after nearly 10 years, I still got some rust on but I'm trying to understand the working of this new functionality that allows the use of LUA scripts within maps. I've seen that some people have made map that has the script language set to LUA, I see this in the map options (the last dropdown at the bottom of the window). The dropdown is readonly however, I can't change it and I'm stuck with JASS. I'm wondering how you switch from using JASS to LUA, do you need some tool to do it outside of the editor? I've been looking for an answer for a while now, I figure I might as well ask.

You have to export all your triggers, then delete them (or at least everything that contains JASS like custom scripts etc), then save the map, then re-open the map, then change to LUA mode and then import all your triggers.

I THINK that's the correct order of things. I think you also need to disable Jasshelper.

Level 2
You have to export all your triggers, then delete them (or at least everything that contains JASS like custom scripts etc), then save the map, then re-open the map, then change to LUA mode and then import all your triggers.

I THINK that's the correct order of things. I think you also need to disable Jasshelper.
Thank you very much, I'll check that out!

Status
Not open for further replies.