• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where is Computer (Insane)'s AI Editor Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello. Where is Computer (Insane)'s AI Editor Data? Or, is there someone already made AI Editor Data that fights like Computer (Insane) for 4v4 melee game? I need it. I need help with AI editor please. Just like 4 insane computers vs 4 online players in 4v4 melee custom game, you know. I need AI Editor Data that building units and fighting online players like Computer (Insane). Thank you.

Last edited:
Level 8
I actually tried to build Computer (Insane)'s AI Editor Data, and I almost got it there, but just 2 problems, I couldn't figure out why the builders wouldn't go to build other base at other gold mine as soon as the first base got little army and some towers. And, other problem is, that I noticed the computer itself sent the attack units straight to closet player's location every time and not going to do random location. I want computer to not know where online player's bases are at and go do random locations until they find the online player's bases. And, I want one of builders to keep go searching for other gold mine to take it and build other base again. Here my AI Editor Data that is almost like Computer (Insane) now, but still need get it to be like Computer (Insane)'s AI Editor Data for 4v4 melee game. 4 Computer (Insane)s and 4 online players.

Attachments

• BootyBayAI1.w3x
    129.5 KB · Views: 55
Level 12
I want computer to not know where online player's bases are at and go do random locations until they find the online player's bases.

This can't be done. The AI attacks an enemy by getting a target unit and attacking it, so it will always know that units location. This is true to your AI, the normal melee, and any other AI script in the game.

I actually tried to build Computer (Insane)'s AI Editor Data, and I almost got it there, but just 2 problems, I couldn't figure out why the builders wouldn't go to build other base at other gold mine as soon as the first base got little army and some towers.

Take a look at your "attack priorities" (under attacking tab in the AI editor). The thing with this priority list is that it checks if it can do the first thing on the list (i.e. the condition for it is met), if not it goes to the second item in the list and checks it's condition and so on. Making a correct priority list with different conditions to each attack should make the computer player behave differently when attacking in different stages of the game.

Level 8
Oh. Well, so I have to disable the fog for computers only?

And, about the computer builders, when they have enough buildings around the first base, I want builders to target any gold mine that is near and go to it, and have some builders to build other base, you know, other town hall. So. In the building tab, I have to put town hall as first thing on list and it will repeating building other town halls at every gold mine, right? If not, how can I make the computer builders to continue building other bases at other gold mines after built enough buildings in first base's area.

Or, is there a file that I can download AI Editor Data that works like Computer (Insane)?

Level 8
This is because I couldn't set Computer (Insane) in World Editor with enabled Fixed Player Settings. It will automatically set to Computer (Normal). This is why I am trying to build a new AI Editor to be like Computer (Insane). So I can enable Fixed Player Settings.

Level 13
As far as I know, the only difference between normal and insane difficulties is that insane's gold and lumber income is doubled.

And, I want one of builders to keep go searching for other gold mine to take it and build other base again.
This behaves almost like targeting enemy units, the computer basically knows where the gold mines are.

Here's Blizzard's AI priority order:
Code:
 - Check if town is under siege. If so, don't do anything below and defend your base.
 - Purchase Zeppelin (??)
 - Join ally forces
 - Take expansions as needed
 - If enemy player is weak, all-out attack them
 - Deny enemy an expansion
 - Attack enemy player base if siege units are available
 - Attack Creep Camps
 - Nothing better to do? Attack more creep camps (highest to lowest levels)
 - Repeat

is there a file that I can download AI Editor Data that works like Computer (Insane)?

Blizzard made their AI scripts through JASS. You can extract .ai files from the game with CascView and check them out.

If you really are interested in making custom AI, you should check Nowow's threads about it.
Creating AI Workflow
Intermediate AI concepts

Last edited:
Level 8
Wait a minute. Are you saying... Computer (Normal) AI and Computer (Insane) AI are exact same, but it just the golds and lumbers doubled? Like, 20 each for gold coming out of gold mine? 20 each for lumber coming out of tree? So all I have to do is double the golds and lumbers on computers in World Editor? That will be able to have Computer (Normal) behaves as Computer (Insane) in World Editor for me to be able to enable Fixed Player Settings? If yes, that's all I need.

I can get one of Blizzard's AI scripts? Inside the CASC files? I do have CASCViewer. So I have to get it out and save it in my WC3's folder, for to import it into my AI Editor?

Last edited:
Level 12
Oh. Well, so I have to disable the fog for computers only?

No, it works more like a trigger. The attacking units are ordered to attack the target, and so they automatically go to it's location. You don't need to do anything with computer players' visibility, just let the AI handle that.

As far as I know, the only difference between normal and insane difficulties is that insane's gold and lumber income is doubled.

Are you sure? I know that campaign AIs call SetSlowChopping in order to collect only 1 gold and 1 wood, but I didn't know insane AIs have double collection speed.

That will be able to have Computer (Normal) behaves as Computer (Insane) in World Editor for me to be able to enable Fixed Player Settings? If yes, that's all I need.

I think there's an AI trigger action to set AI difficulty. Try searching for it.

Level 8
I decided to go custom AI Editor anyway. But, now I am frustrating because my peasants won't build anything, but only haveresting golds and lumbers. That's it. What the hell. Here my file of AI Editor and triggers, and check it out to see if you can see anything wrong.

Attachments

• World Editor 1.png
    World Editor 1.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 81
  • World Editor 2.png
    World Editor 2.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 84
  • World Editor 3.png
    World Editor 3.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 82
  • World Editor 4.png
    World Editor 4.png