• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

where do sound effects of warcraft 3 come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I saw movies other games and I hear the same sound effects so im guessing warcraft 3 didnt make these sounds so where did they come from?

Level 5
Well... theres not really a place you can get them. You make them. Heres an example... You can download souund that is an .mp3(music file) or .wav(sound file) file and use it by importing it ( f12 in world editor ) and then going to the Sound Editor and right-clicking on the sound and then click use as sound. You can change the speed of the sound by double clicking on it and changing the pitch. The change ranges from 0.0-2.0, 1.0 being normal. To play this sound as a LOOP music action, go to events, then periodic event, then place the time of the music as the loop time. As the action, go to Sound-Play Sound. Click on the Soundbutton and then go to variables and set it to the music that you've imported.

If you would like to have it as an effect sound... heres an idea, as an ability sound, then do this.

First, import a sound of .wav(sound file) and import it ( f12 in world editor ) and then going to the Sound Editor and right-clicking on the sound and then click use as sound. You can change the speed of the sound by double clicking on it and changing the pitch. The change ranges from 0.0-2.0, 1.0 being normal.

Make a trigger like this.

Events

Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions

(Ability being cast) Equal to ABILITY HERE
Actions

Sound - Play SOUND HERE<gen>

Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Casting unit) using EFFECT MODEL HERE

Level 13
I think you didn't get the idea of the post. He's wondering where all those sounds come from.

@Topic
Yeah, sometimes I have the feeling that there're very few sounds and everyone is using them. I heard the Warcraft2-Dragon-cry in at least two other movies and the sound that comes when selecting the academy in Starcraft at least in three movies. And there're much more examples like that. It's easier and cheaper to steal/buy then producing it youself.

Status
Not open for further replies.