• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where do I put the skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I think you're a bit confused on how to use skins.

Basically import the skin in your map with the Import Manager.
Change the path of the skin to replace the desired texture.
For example, if I wanted to replace the Orc Grunt's skin, I would replace my custom skin's path with Units\Orc\Grunt\Grunt.blp.

The skin probably won't change right away in the editor though it should if you test it in-game. It usually works if you close the map and reopen it.

what exactly u mean now? and besides, why don't u import the model/doodad in2 Magos Model Editor (if u don't know how 2 do that plz look @ the tutorial section). once u got the model u want open in that editor, go 2 Windows (in the menu task bar), go 2 Textures, look what the standard texture of the model is (example: orc Grunt's standard texture will be named as watermelon_1234 said, Units\Orc\Grunt\Grunt.blp). than right-click on it, select remove (a window will pop up that says *....still got references. Detach?* just select OK (yes)). than go again 2 Textures (as above) rightclick in blank, go 2 Import, than import the skin u want 2 use, go 2 te Material Manager and browse the materials. ALL materials will use a texture, by those where the texture field says None (in ur case), click on the None and select the name of ur skin. press all OKs and DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.