• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

where did the model viewer go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Oh well this really sucks, That Model viewer is essential for anyone wanting to Skin in WC3. I really hope he reconsiders his position and comes back. The continued loss of recources on this site is getting very worrying but I guess theres nothing we can do if thats how people feel.

I'm just glad I managed to grab it on my new comp before all this controversy kicked off.

It's not selfishness, he didn't have to develop it in the first place. He has all the right to do with it what he wants and he deserves not the insults you are giving him like this.
whoever breaks his own creation just to send a message
that he doesn't like changes, instead leaving it to work as intended, IS selfish.
Oh well this really sucks, That Model viewer is essential for anyone wanting to Skin in WC3. I really hope he reconsiders his position and comes back. The continued loss of recources on this site is getting very worrying but I guess theres nothing we can do if thats how people feel.

I'm just glad I managed to grab it on my new comp before all this controversy kicked off.
and i was talking about the now-non-existent model-thread based viewer. that is gone, not the model viewer tool (which i hope is intact since it doesn't even have an author stated, lol)

Level 25
whoever breaks his own creation just to send a message
that he doesn't like changes, instead leaving it to work as intended, IS selfish.

Then go ahead and make your own model viewer, i fully support his decision and the decision of all the users that pulled away their resources.

And i am sorry but the changes you mentioned made him realize this place is not worth his resources anymore, and i share this opinion, especially after the recent events.

Ralle said you guys will have to cope with the loss of resources because of his decisions, so cope with it.

Then go ahead and make your own model viewer, i fully support his decision and the decision of all the users that pulled away their resources.

And i am sorry but the changes you mentioned made him realize this place is not worth his resources anymore, and i share this opinion, especially after the recent events.

Ralle said you guys will have to cope with the loss of resources because of his decisions, so cope with it.

perfectly fine with me, no model viewer on threads is just a lesser inconvenience =/

and.. if you've read my second post more clearly, you would've figured that i have no capability of making that thing =P

Level 25
if he is disappointed with some users, or Ralle, he doesn't have to rip off a feature he made for this site :(

That is the point, he made it and has all rights to do so without any judgement, because without him you never would have even had the feature or known about it.

Think of it like a bonus, it existed now it doesn't anymore.
No one can demand from him to give the model viewer back or request the deleted resources to be uploaded again, it is their property.

It's really interesting how you guys get offended when a resource is pulled back but not offended when the creator of the resource gets treated in a way he doesn't deserve.
Who is the selfish one now?

It brings out members their true personality. There you have it.

Agreed and, i like GhostWolf's personality.

I'd suggest everyone to simmer down a little, i don't want to bother reporting people to the already irked staff

Kings said:
Who is the selfish one now?
let's have that provocation don't happen again, shall we? Ghostwolf wasn't really "innocent" himself either (imo)
I'd like to continue the conversation about the viewer.. is there someone who could make any functional look-alike of it?

Kings said:
Agreed and, i like GhostWolf's personality.
lmao :D

What GhostWolf did was out of protest, not selfishness. Assuming you can read, you should know that much yourself.

yees.. you've proven your point.. and you know what.. i never really liked him :/

oh and.. this thread did not really make staff answer my question so.. feel free to close it
that would be all.. hope no-one wants to provoke me for some reason.. o_O

Level 25
The only thing i don't like is that you are only asking this because of the stuff he made, you didn't even know the guy but are quick to jump to conclusions and judge him, and that pisses me off.

If you don't like him, keep it to yourself, he sure didn't earn this.

Status
Not open for further replies.