• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where can i make forces/teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
heyhey

Been messing around with the starcraft 2 editor, trying 2 learn some.... However i have stumbled upon what i guess is a simple problem...

I cant find where 2 make forces/teams set up.... looked beside player properties and found two team things. A basic one and an advanced one, but it didnt seem to do anything.... or atleast not the buttons i pushed:hohum:

If i was in the right place after all plz post a little guide :wink:

Sry 4 my crappy english, ima post my little map when its done, k?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The basic one is used by default.

You can then set up which players detault to which slots. Locking slots will result in a curroption error on publishing. If you have player slots, you probably have to make an attribute letting people choose which slot they are in via it (triggers organize the rest).

Level 8
but it is nice and sometimes essential that you can see what players will be on what team before the game starts or someone who meant to be on one team ends up on another. i too have been trying to figure out how to add players in team 2 but have had no luck yet.

there has to be a way since there is a team 2 bracket at the bottom when hosting a game but no player slots are in it.

Level 8
Ah yeah thanks, i figured that out about the same time you replied just now. ^_^

But I keep getting default values are not valid all of a sudden when publishing the map so I thought maybe that WASN'T it but it was. Not sure why i cant publish my map now though. Published fine just a while ago. Even restarted editor and everything. :(

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do not lock slots into positions on teams.
Doing so seems to crash the publishing.

Also make sure each player in the team is at a certain position on the team (do not give 2 players the same slot).

It is still rather rough, hopefully blizzard refines it slightly. If nescescary you can use the cool dialog system of SC2 to do a post launch team setup before you let gameplay begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.