• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where are all the admins ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Admins don't moderate resources. You want the icon moderator. But I'm quite certain he won't listen to you bitch about this, partially becuase you're being quite dramatic about something very trivial, but mainly because it's been a total of two days since you submitted your resources. You can't really expect people to drop everything and tend to your every need.

Just suck it up, wipe your nose, and be patient like everyone else.

Level 17
Admins don't moderate resources. You want the icon moderator. But I'm quite certain he won't listen to you bitch about this, mainly because it's been a total of two days since you submitted your resources. You can't really expect people to drop everything and tend to your every need.

I wasn't bitching, I was simply asking and stating the motive, because I read that some moderators like Wolverabid left and seeing how it's been dull here lately...And I wasn't expecting that at all...What crawled up your ass or you simply just misinterpreted my question ?

What do you mean ? And believe me I was a "member" since Wc3sear.ch or whatever the name is but never registered...
Now just forget it, I can see that it's geting nowhere...I'll just wait. You can delete this post.

Wolverabid was not a member of the wc3s staff. He was a member of the Hive staff and we everything merged he got the job to look after the site.
So, in general terms, you cannot save seen Wolverabid on wc3s, even if you were a member of a site you didn't even know the name of...
Nothing against you, but your reasons seem rather fishy...

Regardless, having to rely on the admins on everything was probably the main reason why the hive kinda collapsed after wolverabid disappeared - everyone was relying on him far too much.

We've been trying to make a staff structure where most people can do a lot of things so we aren't relying on just one person to do everything. I mean look at the arena - back when I was first put in charge of it, the users wanted the specific arena moderator to do everything: make the contest thread, move it to the arena, manage the poll, police the threads, distribute the awards... I've been turning it into a much more user-run thing so the only time you need a mod is when you need a thread moved. I believe that's more healthy for the hive in the long run

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Chucky said:
Are there any admins left on this site ? It's starting to die...I have some icons and I would like to be moderated...
I can assure you, the Prime Admins are here. And with over 15.000 visits per day, 52,852 members 8,618 of which are active, with new users joining every day, resources constantly being submitted etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't necessarily classify the site as "dying".

Admins don't moderate resources. You want the icon moderator. But I'm quite certain he won't listen to you **** about this, partially becuase you're being quite dramatic about something very trivial, but mainly because it's been a total of two days since you submitted your resources. You can't really expect people to drop everything and tend to your every need.
Actually, that's incorrect. Admins do moderate resources from time to time, but only if they have the required qualifications to do so i.e. moderating the model section signify that the Admin knows the mechanics of 3D modeling.
On slightly note, please adjust your language. Users might misunderstand and take offense.

The simple fact is that the users, mods and believe it or not, the admins were particularily fond of our Community Manager, Wolverabid.
One attribute about him that I really liked was his professionalism, correct gramma and honest concern for the users. Something that certain moderators could learn from *cough*.
Pyritie said:
Regardless, having to rely on the admins on everything was probably the main reason why the hive kinda collapsed after wolverabid disappeared - everyone was relying on him far too much.

We've been trying to make a staff structure where most people can do a lot of things so we aren't relying on just one person to do everything. I mean look at the arena - back when I was first put in charge of it, the users wanted the specific arena moderator to do everything: make the contest thread, move it to the arena, manage the poll, police the threads, distribute the awards... I've been turning it into a much more user-run thing so the only time you need a mod is when you need a thread moved. I believe that's more healthy for the hive in the long run

Understand that the moderators are not professional community managers and may be lacking the appropriate forum experience i.e. we've had cases of moderators actually flaming or trolling users. Please be advised that such conduct from a mod is highly unacceptable and has a zero-tolerance policy. In the past the Prime Admins lost their trust in certain moderators who were simply immature and not fit to manage a web community. Thusly certain powers were taken away from them and the site lead from the top down.

Level 12
Staffs are not robot, they do have a life.
Give them time to moderate your icons, it's not like you're the only guy uploading icons here, there are also tons of icons out there to be moderated, first come first serve.
Or you could just pester an icon moderator until he rejects your icon.

Level 48
I wasn't bitching, I was simply asking and stating the motive, because I read that some moderators like Wolverabid left and seeing how it's been dull here lately...And I wasn't expecting that at all...What crawled up your ass or you simply just misinterpreted my question ?

Wolverabid left ages ago; You can't possibly assume that just because a single administrator left, the whole site died?

Just be slightly more patient; Pyramidhe@d will eventually reach your icons and moderate them, even if it takes a couple of days or weeks.

True that, icons get frequently moderated. I never experienced more than 1 or 2 sides of pending resources.

The only thing I don't understand is why mods don't use their contest formula for moderating regular resources. Sure, it would take longer, but the ultimate decision would be much more transparent. >_>

because many icons i see are terrible. they are made by people who dont take what they do seriously, they dont take criticism seriously and then just give me a pile of lukewarm cat puke as icons.

also. usually when i leave the icons as pending up to 2 or more pages is because none of the icons are inspiring. and i kinda let it mellow hoping the normal users will give people some more feedback before i comment.

you put in more effort and i put in more effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.