• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Whats wrong with this....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I create 8 dummies.. they're gone but their model is left behind.. anything wrong with my triggering?

• Special Beam Cannon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Special Beam Cannon
      • (Level of Special Beam Cannon for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Cannon for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) offset by 10.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) degrees
      • Set SPC_Dummies = (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change SPC_Dummies flying height to 100.00 at 100.00
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to SPC_Dummies
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to SPC_DummyGroup
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by 200.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by 300.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by 400.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by 500.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by 600.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by 700.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by 800.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in SPC_DummyGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Wait 1.50 seconds
          • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
      • Unit - Add Special Beam Cannon Damage to SPC_Dummies
      • Unit - Set level of Special Beam Cannon Damage for SPC_Dummies to (Level of Special Beam Cannon for SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))])
      • Unit - Order SPC_Dummies to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) offset by 500.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) degrees)

Level 12
  • Special Beam Cannon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Special Beam Cannon
      • (Level of Special Beam Cannon for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Set SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Cannon for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) offset by 10.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) degrees
      • Set SPC_Dummies = (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change SPC_Dummies flying height to 100.00 at 100.00
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to SPC_Dummies
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by (Convert Integer to Real (Loop Integer A * 100) ) towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees) facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Special Beam Cannon Damage for SPC_Dummies to (Level of Special Beam Cannon for SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))])
      • Unit - Order SPC_Dummies to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) offset by 500.00 towards (Facing of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) degrees)
I didn't got this trigger at all, SPC dummies is a group or a unit variable? Because after that you add a unit to it... And where the hell is that unit you add to it anyway?

Level 18
First of all: Remove the Wait from the loop. Place it outside, just in case it would cause any weird stuff.
About your trigger: Try killing the units before removing them? That's all I can think of if the problem would lie in that trigger.

Level 12
First of all: Remove the Wait from the loop. Place it outside, just in case it would cause any weird stuff.
About your trigger: Try killing the units before removing them? That's all I can think of if the problem would lie in that trigger.

That way he will remove the units right after placing them...
Just remove the evil wait and use expiration timers!

Level 12
Read what your quoting before commenting it...

PLACE IT OUTSIDE THE LOOP!
I read it. But for some reason I thought it bellow the loop and not up.
also, do not use caps lock, it is evil!

About the expiration timers:
Well, its the correct way, if no one are working maybe the models are the problems.
I have one in my map that only disappear if another one appear somewhere...

Level 12
You're using a generic expiration timer. Generic expiration timers leave corpses. Use a force of nature timer and let me know how it works out.

joinminus.gif
if.gif
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
joinbottomminus.gif
actions.gif
Loop - Actions
empty.gif
join.gif
set.gif
set temp_point = ((Position of SPC_Dummies) offset by (Convert Integer to Real (Loop Integer A * 100) ) towards (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees)
empty.gif
join.gif
unit.gif
Unit - Create 1 Special Beam Rings for (Owner of SPC_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at temp_point facing (Facing of SPC_Dummies) degrees
empty.gif
joinbottom.gif
unit.gif
Unit - Add a 1.50 second Force of Nature expiration timer to (Last created unit)
empty.gif
joinbottom.gif
if.gif
custom script: destroy temp_point

Thank you jackass mod for deleting my previous response which was helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.