• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whats wrong with this trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First of all, why does http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...help-creating-trigger-not-right-place-170884/ say go here and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...gger-related-look-here-know-where-post-33900/ say go there? I ended up triple posting because of these lies and a double here :???

Unit - A unit Loses an item

(FlowerPink is in FlowerPink <gen>) Equal to True

Set DekuFlowers = (DekuFlowers + 1)

--Or--

Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time

(FlowerBlue is in FlowerBlue <gen>) Equal to True

Set DekuFlowers = (DekuFlowers + 1)

Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

--or--

Unit - A unit enters Region 055 <gen>

And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(FlowerRed is in FlowerRed <gen>) Equal to True
(yellowflower is in FlowerYellow <gen>) Equal to True
(FlowerGreen is in FlowerGreen <gen>) Equal to True
(FlowerGold is in FlowerGold <gen>) Equal to True
Item - Create (Deku Tree) Big Key at (Center of Region 055 <gen>)
Set BigKeyDeku = (Last created item)

None of these seem to work ATM

The flowers are items btw and the trigger is supposed to know that they are in a certain region but when they are there it isnt triggering anyone know why? The flowers Spawn on an enemies death and are set to their respective switches as (last created Item) which works as far as i know.

The object of this trigger is to acquire 6 Different Colored Flowers and to place them on the Same Colored Rune Grass Area to make a Key Spawn, The runes are just a guide to show you what color goes where, and i cant seem to get a working trigger that recognizes when the items are on their regions

Level 7
Just a heads up
An item that is owned by a unit is not considered to be in any region.
instead you can do this....

• Flowerz lol
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (FlowerRed <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set RedFlowers = (RedFlowers + 1)
        • Else - Actions
Can i haz cookie?

Also if you're so confused about item locations....
When a unit losses an item, it takes 0.02 seconds to appear on the ground.
Meaning you can't instantly check where it is.

Level 5
well yea the items have to be dropped in an area, is an item considered owned if its been picked up once? perm? or do i need to wait that .02 before checking it to be on the ground?

(R ) (B )
(Gr) (Y )
(P ) (Go)

Area looks like that sorry drawing and the goal is to drop that certain color flower on whatever color rune is linked to it, but thats where it wont read :/

like drop a red flower on the red Grassy Rune, A Gold flower on the Gold rune and so forth, once all 6 flowers on in the right spot the key appears

DekuFlowers
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 055 <gen>
Conditions
And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(FlowerRed is in FlowerRed <gen>) Equal to True
(yellowflower is in FlowerYellow <gen>) Equal to True
(FlowerGreen is in FlowerGreen <gen>) Equal to True
(FlowerGold is in FlowerGold <gen>) Equal to True
Actions
Sound - Play OOT_Secret_Mono <gen>
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Region 055 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DarkRitual\DarkRitualTarget.mdl
Item - Create (Deku Tree) Big Key at (Center of Region 055 <gen>)
Set BigKeyDeku = (Last created item)

this is one trigger i think should work but doesnt? So what your saying is that if an item is picked up its considered owned and cant be put in a location?

(howd you make it look like gui?)

Level 5
No this trigger is wrong,
I know it is wrong, and I know that it does not need tested,

Im saying this is what I did,
This is what i Want accomplished.

If you read my posts instead of Immedietly flaming me You would understand that.
Now gtfo.

I only gave my triggers to show what I have tried and has failed. If you don't know a trigger that will help me Im going to report you for flaming/trolling, w/e you call it here

Level 7
This goes in the Trigger/Script thread, because, you are not asking to CREATE a trigger are you? No, you just want it tested and fixed.

/facepalm

this is a helper zone, i forbid any more of your nonsense and stupidity or lack of brain.

@lolzinyourface
to make your text look gui, wrap [ TRIGGER ] without spaces before pasting your trigger data. then at the end wrap [ / TRIGGER ] without spaces again.

Try to do this because wc3's system confuses me sometimes as it bugs a lot, try to wait 0.3 seconds when a unit loses an item, then check if it is in region.

Level 5
  • FlowerYellow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (yellowflower is in FlowerYellow <gen>) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Red Flower Has Been...
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
This is what I created, Just like you did, I made it just so a text would spawn saying that it was placed there, I guess ill just put this on hold Cant seem to figure this out lmao ill continue on until i can think of another way to do this

@ lolzinyoface: Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude or flame at you. I didn't read all your post.

@Prince.Zero: I made an honest mistake, and you tell me I am full of 'nonsense and stupidity or lack of brain'.
Don't be a hypocrite.
Can I haz cookie?
Never ask for rep.
And yeah, I took a look at your 'cookies' and I saw how you've been worn 3 times for doing stupid things. Twice in the same thread, one of which for writing:
'First of, calm the f*** down you moron.'
Another for making a 'retarded' thread.
So yeah, facepalm, try to think about your behaviour instead of others.

Level 5
please stop arguing lol all i want is a working trigger :( lol im hard at work here :p finally finished my First boss with a little custom zing to it :D Gonna be the Funnest Zelda Rpg Look alike ever, if i can just get that one puzzle down right the first temple aka "Deku Tree Remains" Will be complete

So far cant seem to make a trigger that Sees all 6 Flowers on the Places they are supposed to go, even when All 6 are down nothing will happen, Even with a trigger where 1 Item is placed correctly it will not run a simple text confirmation .... what to do... what to do...

Level 5
ok, yea i understand that, But in order to "Place" the item where it needs to be it needs to be dropped, im trying to detect the item after it is Moved from it's original spawn to the area it's supposed to be in.

Heres the Objective again, I'll explain it more thoroughly...

In My first dungeon, There are 6 Different "Flowers" which are items that are dropped by Enemies, Each flower has A different Color. Green. Red,Yellow,Gold,Pink,Blue, At The beginning of the dungeon are 6 "slabs" with a different color rune showing which "flower" goes where, You have to drop all 6 "flowerS" on their respective spots for the Boss Key to appear.

The Problem:: IS that I can't get the Items to be found and triggered when they are in the spot they're supposed to be in,

Im not trying to trigger the unit holding all 6 of them, they need to be placed in a certain order for the key to appear, units holding the item have nothing to do with the trigger

Level 7
Well if the stupid blizzard system that prevents owned items from being checked in a region indeed exists in that case, you'll have to replace the item lost by creating an exact copy of item in the place it got lost.

Remember, items take a few milliseconds to appear in the map after they drop from the carrier.

Level 5
I dont quite understand what your saying, but I'm giving up for tonight Ive done alot its 5am :( lmao

when the item is created.. i attach it to a switch,
ex.

Red Flower spawns, Set FlowerRed= Red Flower.

So no matter if this item is picked up or dropped it should still be labeled FlowerRed and should be found when it is in a region correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.