• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Whats the deal with these unit classifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys, ive been looking for a few hours now trying to find what all the classifications do..
I found out that suicide makes units try and use the suicide ability as fast as possible, and that worker makes units run away when they dont have an attack to fight back... But, what about everything else..

Im a somewhat experienced mapper, but thats one of the few things i cant find... Plz Help? Theres no real reason i need this but i want to know it before i post my map here on hive workshop to make sure the game is as flawless as possible. :grin:

thanks

Level 8
Most unit classifications is used for "targeting". Determining wich units can attack wich units, the avaliable targets for some abilities, etc. Units with ground attack can't attack flying units. Units with physical attack can't attack etheral units. You can't cast slow on a mechanical engine. Those are few examples, there are A LOT MORE.

Level 8
Most unit classifications is used for "targeting". Determining wich units can attack wich units, the avaliable targets for some abilities, etc. Units with ground attack can't attack flying units. Units with physical attack can't attack etheral units. You can't cast slow on a mechanical engine. Those are few examples, there are A LOT MORE.

Yeah that would make a lot of sence. Ive been studying stuff in the object editor and understand it more. But what a bout walkable? Does it mean they dont take up any room?

+rep

Level 14
The Tauren classification effects makes the unit rezzable using that spirit walker ability. The "worker" ability also makes that icon appear in the bottom left when they have no order. I think suicide keeps them from being loaded into ships too, but I'm not sure.

Level 8
Yeah, sapper's can't be loaded in any transport.

WHen you say walkable you mean in dodaads, right? That's just as the name says, it will have no path. Units could just walk through it as it doens't even existed. This is commonly used for bushes, flowers, corpses and etc. Minor props, decoration. Also, withuot pathing, it takes no room, like you asked. You can place MANY almost in the same place.

Level 8
Yeah, sapper's can't be loaded in any transport.

WHen you say walkable you mean in dodaads, right? That's just as the name says, it will have no path. Units could just walk through it as it doens't even existed. This is commonly used for bushes, flowers, corpses and etc. Minor props, decoration. Also, withuot pathing, it takes no room, like you asked. You can place MANY almost in the same place.

yeah thanks. this helped me a lot with units and stuff xD +rep

Level 14
rezzable? What do you mean. thanks for the tips xD

+ rep

Tauren spiritwalkers have an ability that will ressurect only Taurens. It works on spiritwalkers and regular tauren. I forget the name of it at the moment. It's there tier 3 spell...you have to fully upgrade them to use it. If you give the "tauren" classification to a unit, they will be able to ressurect them.

Level 4
For triggering purposes. Sometimes we need "only a few" units take an effect. This classification makes "filter" easier.

And each class (usually) has own effect such as Worker that you have explained before.

Worker classification leaves an icon, when the unit is idle. If you make it via triggers though
  • Unit - Add classification of A peon-type unit to (Triggering unit)
then, there are some things you need to know:

1) It doesn't add the proposed icon, when your unit is idle.

2) It is used to prevent the unit from automatically acquiring targets and, when it receives damage, it flees, if the Stats - Can flee is set to True in the Object Editor. The unit will not attack, unless you order it to.

3) If the unit that takes damage from a unit classified as peon-type unit and its classification is also peon-type unit, then, it will respond to the attack and start attacking the damage source.

Status
Not open for further replies.