• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whats the best vampirism map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
For some this is a question of opinion. For me it's a question of existence--there is no best vampirism map, because none of them are good.

However, you might like Dracula's curse. It's much simpler than any of the vampirisms but its quite balanced in terms of the vampires and humans. There's no OP/hidden tricks or cheats. No teleports to bases. Just walls, towers, gates, your wizard (the builder) and eventually a paladin hero if you make it that far.

Dracula is reasonably balanced--the game is often decided by how greedy the Wizards are and whether Dracula punishes them for it.

The downsides of the map are it's super easy to troll as a Wizard because once you become a vampire, all your allies bases' are revealed to Dracula, and Wizards can kill each other's buildings or destroy trees (natural walls which can't be rebuilt and only wizards can destroy).

But I suggest trying out Dracula's Curse (Gold). You might appreciate its simplicity.

Level 24
If you are open minded to similar maps I'd strongly recommend SvD which can be found here on the hive or Island Defense which bots are hosting the newest version of constantly across all the battle.net servers.

As for vampirism I've only played vampirism fire briefly since it was not my type of map.

Level 10
If you are open minded to similar maps I'd strongly recommend SvD which can be found here on the hive or Island Defense which bots are hosting the newest version of constantly across all the battle.net servers.

As for vampirism I've only played vampirism fire briefly since it was not my type of map.

I concur. Vampirism is too crappy and is hard for beginners. But with Island Defense you can quite catch up in the first game and you have a lot of different choices for the builder you're choosing. Also with all sorts and kinds of titans!

Level 24
I concur. Vampirism is too crappy and is hard for beginners. But with Island Defense you can quite catch up in the first game and you have a lot of different choices for the builder you're choosing. Also with all sorts and kinds of titans!

That's what I love about Island Defense it's one of the most team based games I've ever seen and it provides you with more choice than any similar game I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.