• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's so enjoyable about LoaP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I remember playing Life of a Peasant back when I originally had gotten Reign of Chaos- but when I look at the map-type now, all I see is something boring, repetitive, and dumb. So the question falls upon you- do you like LoaP? If so, why? If not, why?

Level 5
depends on what loap ur playing.
if its a regular and its well made then most people play it either for the roleplay or the war purposes.
if its a rigged loap then some will play it because its potentially great for roleplay and some will play it because they want to be super overpower and kill everything, namely because they are megalomaniacs...
the terribly made loaps are generally rigged anyway but if u chance upon a non rigged but also shit loap then its probably just not played

Level 9
I don't like it at all. They say it's a RP map but nobody roleplays.
If you wanna play RP maps, try SotDRP

Level 5
actually ive played quite a few solely rp loaps, and theyve been really fun. yeah its hard to find enough people to actually pull it off, but when u do it plays out really well.
i myself am currently working on a loap (new map n all so dont rage at me for stealing) that tries to enforce rping a little more through the use of rp chat and the like.

Level 5
that simply is about your taste in games. battle.net offers a particularly wide range of games to play, and obviously not all cater to one persons likes and dislikes. yes many of them are similar but when one finds this type of game enjoyable, so long as the map has been made/editted well, then regardless of each game being the same in the way that the map and characters are most likely the same, it still is fun to play a wide variety which all have their specific themes and interesting features.
id recommend not saying a game is bad entirely upon the basis that u dont like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.