• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Real Life [for/by morons] is way better than LOAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I just read the post about warcraft being dead. In the post people were talking about how crappy maps are now and how good maps were back in the day.
Well, has anyone played Real Life [for/by morons] by MoronSonOfBoron and Harken_Dell? That map was gold and it is what got me into map making and I still do it today. The map may have had little or no point to it, but it was fun to try and do everything their was to offer. This map (i think) was the predasesor to the extremley crap LOAP that now populates the modding community. People, if you havn't, play Real Life [for morons] its much better than LOAP.
Also, Harken_Dell and MoronSonOfBoron created a fully editable version of Real Life called Real Life [by morons]. I was wondering if anyone edited it and made their own cool version. If you did, could you please post it, I've always wanted to play an different version of this awesome game.

Level 39
He has just as much taste as you have. If he likes to play Real Life [by morons] he can do that. Just because you like Hero Wars doesn't mean that he has to. You could come with your opinions on why you think Hero Wars is better than Real Life [by morons] etc. At least say something constructive.

To TheSandWraith, no I've never really played Battle.net really much. I've always preferred singleplayer, sorry.

Level 27
Herowars is better because it has a simple goal, it has addictive gameplay and also has fine extra's ...

the LOAP thingy just sux.. will always suck because who in the name would go and play LOAP? rly.. its just like messing around in an RP map.. only you have terrain and triggered thingies >.< bah.. it has no gameplay at all.. its just a very bad sim..

Level 36
The original LOAP was a pretty novel concept, and as it is the most modded map in history (disputable by Wintermaul), people somewhere must like it. I do hate all of the terrible spinoff maps and various combinations thereof, but StankyMcnuggets/DankStoner knew what he was doing.

As for Real Life [For Morons] I will agree that it is better than the current reincarnations of Loap. Moron Son of Boron made an excellent map, and it definetly is better than "zomg loap ninja animal rp dragon ball naruto werewolf heaven hell god mafia star wars christmas halloween poop factory resident evil" games being hosted today.

There are better games to play, but in terms of the Life of a Peasant category, Real Life [For Morons] wins.

Level 1
As for Real Life [For Morons] I will agree that it is better than the current
There are better games to play, but in terms of the Life of a Peasant category, Real Life [For Morons] wins.

I hear you man! :wsmile:. +rep for your true views. Real Life [For Morons] is a rare map that is almost never hosted on B.Net. It has a sense of realism (awesome rp actions, good atmospheric play) and is quite funny (dialog, jobs, Dolphin Liberation Army).

To original poster: Actually I might have Real Life [by morons] somewhere in my downloads category, but never thought of editing it (not good at realism maps :wgrin:), but if anyone wants it, pm me and I'll send it over (not trusting it to the map section, then Reall Life [Halloween, Christmas, Animals...] would be born...)

Level 6
Herowars is better because it has a simple goal, it has addictive gameplay and also has fine extra's ...

the LOAP thingy just sux.. will always suck because who in the name would go and play LOAP? rly.. its just like messing around in an RP map.. only you have terrain and triggered thingies >.< bah.. it has no gameplay at all.. its just a very bad sim..
Um... sure whatever. YOU pointed out the point I was making. LOAP sucks, and as for Hero Wars, I do enjoy them and play them quite frequently, but I wouldn't call them addictive. And as for RPs in general, I like them, they have no direction in them, but usually you can throw whatever you want in them and it feels fine, so there is a huge diversity of options, that is why I don't like LOAP: it just takes one aspect of life, or whatever else, and delves into that. It LIFE of a Peasant, so put it all in.
The original LOAP was a pretty novel concept, and as it is the most modded map in history
As for the original, I would like to play it if anyone has a link to it. The spin-offs really do suck, but I'm interested in playing an original.

Level 27
I don't like most of the sims made for war3. it just doesn't fit in on war3.

And anyways. Herowars was quite addictive.. but was just hero bashing..nonetheless it has better gameplay than RL[FM]. And please im growing tired of those dudes hosting 'Blablabla LOAP thingy RP only' .. these maps aren't made for RP .. omg.. get the point..

Level 36
Nay, the oldest I have in my current maps folder is LOAP V10. The original, created by Stanky Mcnuggets and the original team. It's funny, because it's loaded with all sorts of features and things that none of the other LOAP maps have, such as a subway system, etc. And it's all done by the original team, so it's not a crappy ripoff.

It's odd that none of these features made it into the sadly-abandoned(?) Loap 2.

Level 8
I don't have the original real life map. That's like from 2003 and it wasn't so popular back then. I guess renaming it brought more popularity to the map. Weird.

Level 1
*sigh hes rite maps were good bak in da day i remember playen dota 3.??? a lot then it all fucked up and went to hell just started playen again a few months ago things still fucked up loap's ok dota sucks more balls than bush footman frenzy stayed da same :) and now we have all of these crappy one time play maps like kick the tank etc... IT ALL WENT TO HELL MAKE IT BETTER PLZ

Level 36
LOAP came out in early 2003. You're saying you helped make LOAP when you were like 7? I don't think so.

Pics or it didn't happen.

As far as I know, Stanky Mcnuggets is the original and only creator of the very first LOAP. Give me some proof that says otherwise, then fine, but until then.

Level 8
I don't have any proof but I'm 100% sure that stanky nuggets took the real life map and renamed it to loap. Why would I lie? I was like 14 at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.