• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Real Life[For Morons]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Introduction
Yes folks!
It's here!
Real Life [For Morons] is here!
And GrandKaiser, the current map creator is recruiting!
Conversation!
Here's story if you're still fuzzy:
I recently got in contact with GrandKaiser via email.
Here's the conversation:

The Blue Messages are mine
The Orange Messages are GrandKaiser's.

Hey there.
I was wondering if there is going to be a new version anytime soon?
And is the forums dead? It looks like it.

And could I have your permission to upload your map on Hive Workshop?

Thanks mate.
PS. Do you need any help developing the map?

I doubt ill ever make another version. Mainly cause I have programming classes in college and work. As for uploading? Go for it.

As to the PS, if you have a messenger app talk to me and maybe ill get back into dev if you will help me.

yahoo: **********@*****.com
steam: ******!

Yea I do.
Although I'm a mere newbie in the whole map-making thing.
But thanks for granting me permission to upload it!
I'll be happy to help you, but I won't promise you it'll be great or anything.
Wanna see what I've done?
Just a small map I made, like really small. For practice you know.
Tell If you'd like it!
Thanks again!
Do you have an unprotected version of the latest map?

Its not bad. Better than my terraining. If you get one of the listed messenger systems, we can begin work on the map.

Would it be fine if I assemble a team of map makers to continue your work?
You will, of course, still be in control of the progress of the map and it has to be approved by your first.
But I need your permission.

I don't mind one bit! Just make sure to stick by some general rules.

1. Never make any single unit in the game which is obtainable to players that could kill a players hero all by itself. (basically no rigged units)
2. Always make it so that everyone can get at least ONE of any given item or unit. (No one-shot items, or units. This stops "pros" from rushing to certain items)
3. Make sure everything is fair and not overpowered.
4. Don't create memory leaks!!! I cannot stress this enough! MoronSonOfBoron made so many of them that the whole game was falling to pieces by about 2-3 hours.
5. NO save system. This would ruin the whole point of playing the game.

Thanks!
Have you got any ideas on your mind which we may be of assistance?
Could you pass me an unprotected version of the latest map?
I'll pass it to the team and I'll make sure that your map won't become the next Life of a Peasant.
I'll let you know who the team is in my next message.

Wonderful. LoaP is exactly what I was staying away from.

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/125678/

Unfortunatly, I lost my work on 9.27 when my hard drive went kaboom. But gimme a day (tomorrow) and ill see if I backed it up previously.
As for ideas? Tons. The police arrest system needs fine-tuning until it works like its supposed to, I was going to increase the size of the map upwards and add a "downtown ghetto" area with less police, more thugs (ones that are weaker and give a lot less exp & gold), and add cheap housing. The idea will be to make houses fairly mandatory. Those downtown ones will be cheap enough to buy very quickly (probably about 800 gold each).

That right there would be the biggest and most important addition. Right now I am working on LoaT (Life of a Terran) for SC2. Unfortunatly, I was just dumped the map and told to scrounge up a team. If you know any people that are interested in SC2 editing and have lots of time. Please do have them get in contact with me.

-GK

Elaboration

Unfortunately,
I can't let so many of you view his email address at one site in case of spam.
And I have to protect myself too, don't I?

As you can see:
Message #5
I was asking him permission to continue his work with a team under his supervision. Sorry guys, he hasn't let it go completely yet.

Message #6
He said "Yes".
What Now?
We assemble a crew of course!

Crew Positions
We Are Currently Looking For:
  • Terrainer
  • Triggerrer & Editor
Requirements
Wait a Minute...
I only require 2 positions per post. That means 2 Terrainers and 2 Triggerers. Nothing more. I'm aiming low first and we'll slowly improve our team and add new features.
Requirements
I wish only skilled modelers to be a part of this team.
If you do not meet the following, please do not bother:
  • You have played Real Life[For Morons] before and have the latest map.
  • You have past experiences in Map Development
  • You are actively using your email account
  • You have participated in being part of a team for a map

Meet the Requirements?
Hold on!
Before you can be part of the team,
You must send me a piece of your work and must specify what position you're interested in. Make sure you email or PM me your piece of work.
Other than that, you must also be notified that you will not be paid and you must abide by GrandKaiser. You are not allowed to hand out unprotected versions of the map or make variants of the map. If you do so, you will be kicked.
So What Are You Waiting For?
It's Real Life[For Morons]!

My email: [email protected]
Email me if you're interested to be part of this!

Last edited:
Level 19
Actually, I'd have to say I love this map quite much, so I hope you'll succeed in making this a better success too!

PS: Hmm... I might want to help out with the map when I'm free, maybe by doing a bit of Triggers.

Level 1
I will do triggering. I don't think anyone wants to spend a good month trying to unravel my code. The reason I stopped working on the map was because I thought no one played it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.