• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What to do with units returning when they're ordered to move/ attackmove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hiya,

When I order some of my "guard" units to go some place, they do so. No problem so far. For some reason when they get to that location they then return to their spawn location, unless I order them to stop, why does this happen?

When my "guard" units are ordered to go to a certain place that is already occupied they also return to their spawning location.

Example: Unit is ordered to move to BPoint from APoint, when unit arrives to BPoint it returns to APoint without any orders.

Don't know what to do :confused:

Level 6
Hm, the fact is that the units are owned by player 12, a CPU so its not a neutral passive nor hostile

Another thing I could see is that if someone enters APoint it is triggered to go to Bpoint?
Yes, well the whole point is that the unit returns from Bpoint to Apoint which they spawned from, and they are not ordered to go back to Apoint. :cute:

Level 6
The triggers are simple and are using Region Events, and Bpoint has the action "call SetUnitUserData( GetTriggerUnit(), 11 )" which is used to check a condition to see if the unit has a certain custom value. None of the triggers tell them to go back..! :cute:

• Trigger
  • Actions
    • AI - Ignore UNIT's guard position
Is the way to go :p

How does that work exactly? :confused:

Level 6
Should I use this action whenever I spawn a unit?

EDIT: Yay, it worked perfectly, +rep to you Razorbrain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.