• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello. I'we got a serious problem here. So the problem lies in my charge spell which is fully coded and functional and done already. Let me start:
I have 2 Personal Computers, one Notebook, and a simple PC. They both have Warcraft III installed, the same version .. both patched using WVS(Warcraft Version Switcher), the only difference is in the language interface. Now, my spell sets the caster's animation by index and the problem is, my tauren chieftain won't run and then attack slam. The Index because my PC seems to have a newer version of Tauren Chieftain with the Walk Fast (animation which is awesome and i would like to use it instead), now what i need to know is: Do you, normal patchers (1.24e) have a Tauren Chieftain Model that has the walk fast ability? So i can set the trigger up to date with the newest version. I tried checking for the model with Walk Fast animation in the mpq archives of both computers, and i didn't find any! but i am sure this exists! I am sorry if someone could not understand me, thank you for your time and maybe feedback.

Edit: I'we downloaded all the models from wc3's mpq archives, from my PC where Walk Fast should have been. Pastebin.

Attachments

• TaurenChieftain.jpg
    TaurenChieftain.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 70
  • TaurenChieftainWalkFast.jpg
    TaurenChieftainWalkFast.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Level 9
The problem is i am using SetUnitAnimationByIndex, because simple SetUnitAnimation, won't work and because i am not ordering the unit to move, instead i set his x and y every 0.0x seconds. I know how to add the fast tag, but i needed the index of this animation for Tauren Chieftain, can you please tell me your index? Also i don't seem to have this animation at all on my notebook.

Level 22
Import the Tauren Chieftain model with the walk fast animation, that's the only way you could make it work now that blizzard decided to delete the default one's walk fast animation.

Level 9
1.25b changed the animation index of that model?

seems like they made it secret again, no more walk fast animation by index, try yourself.
JASS:
function IndexTest takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i = 0
    loop
    exitwhen i > 15
    call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(gg_unit_O000_0018, i)
    call BJDebugMsg(I2S(i))
       call TriggerSleepAction(2.)
       set i = i + 1
   endloop
endfunction
    //===========================================================================
function InitTrig_IndexTest takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger tr = CreateTrigger( )
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerChatEvent( tr, Player(0), "c", true )
    call TriggerAddAction( tr, function IndexTest )
endfunction

Import the Tauren Chieftain model with the walk fast animation, that's the only way you could make it work now that blizzard decided to delete the default one's walk fast animation.

You are right, i know this the only problem is that I am one of those guys who think every saved kilobyte is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.